Start key stops functioning while playing GTA5

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Click my profile pic for the system specs.

I've been using Windows 7 since forever, and started playing GTA 5 today after a few months again and cancelled the update and started in offline mode.

Strangely enough, the start key just stops working. It's too weird and random. Even after I alt+tab out of the game, it's all the same.

I've checked everything and all processes running in the background. Just one unusual thing, there are 4 processes named "subprocess.exe" launched from RGSC folder. If I terminate them, they instantly restart taking the same amount of RAM until I quit GTA 5.

I thought it's a keyboard issue but two of my keyboards, 2 and 4 years old, both didn't work. Even win7's on screen keyboard didn't function when i clicked the start key, and any shortcut like Start+R doesn't work either.

For a change, I kept hitting start key while GTA5 was starting but then, the "n" key stopped functioning. I've tried restarting windows too and there's no way I'm reinstalling or re-downloading a 60 GB game.

I mostly used to alt+tab outta GTA5 before and this never used to happen. I didn't install anything new or make any changes to anything either.

Does anyone have ANY idea what can this be about? Could updating the game help this?