Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartix

Honorable
May 28, 2016
Hi guys I have this HT https://www.samsung.com/us/televisi...s/ht-j5500w-home-theater-system-ht-j5500w-za/ (but probably model without W at the end,nevermind).

I can't switch it on, or even play sound from my TV, cos it is in kind of starting loop. Menu at TV just appear for 1 sec and then disappear, and message at HT just display loading / no disc around and around forever (with disc or without, with USB same).

It is kinda not possible to reset anything since you cant go in to menu, resetting by stop button does not work as well. I disconnect mechanics from mobo, or even unplug some memory from mobo, and results is still same like I described above., so it seems to be a software / firmware issue I suppose. Is there anything what I can do with it before I will took it to service? Thanks a lot in advance.

Jun 19, 2020
I have the exact same problem. It started yesterday. I've had the system for 5 years now. I know it's getting old, but it shouldn't have crapped out like this already. I ordered Sonos system in the meantime. I still want this to work. I'll follow this thread. Thanks for posting

Jun 19, 2020
I have the same problem and it just started today. I wonder if a bad software update is bricking all these units?

Jun 19, 2020
Hi folks,
I have an HT-J5520WK here in Brazil and I am experiencing the exact same problem. The HT is cycling on and off. There is nothing I can do to stop it. It was working fine until Wednesday. I have just turned it on yesterday and the cycling problem started. The HT is useless now. It really seems to be a bad automatic firmware update or a global attack targeted to Samsung HT models J4200, J4500 and J5500. We have the statement and complain of people from UK, Canada, USA, Germany, Egypt, Italy, Paraguay, Chile, Mexico and many other places. This is being discussed since yesterday on many Samsung's Community Official Forum. Just check the links bellow. There is no solution yet released by Samsung to this problem.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...ter-samsung-ht-j5500k-zx/m-p/1812549#U1812549

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...epeatedly/td-p/1811217/highlight/false/page/6

Reactions: Gartix

Gartix

Honorable
May 28, 2016
Hi guys, thx for your answers, I will try to watch situation around and will post solution if it will be available, ofc you can do it as well. Honestly I am not sure if it will be possible to fix it at home, since when its HT in that loop its impossible to download / install other upgrade :/ I am bit sad about that ....

wogfor

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
I have a Samsung Blu-ray player that is "smart". I was using it in a hobby/work room that has limited space so it was connected to a 19" dumb TV and it not only allowed me to view streaming content such as Netflix, Amazon and YouTube as well. I could also pull content from my computer network such as videos and music. It is also now stuck in a start-up loop and cycles non stop. I had to unplug it as it was turning on and off.

The thing is several years old and it seems Samsung is no longer making them. Is there another brand that may offer something with the same features? I have a Sony in another room that connects to my Ethernet but does not connect to my network. It will connect to the internet for Netflix but not my PC.

Gartix

Honorable
May 28, 2016
Still nothing useful at web... maybe after weekend. There is one possible explanation :

"The issues impact a large number of device models, some of which are end-of-life. Furthermore, companies like Samsung don’t usually push firmware updates to a large number of device models, all at once, on a late Friday afternoon.
A more realistic explanation is that the issues are being caused by an expired SSL certificate that the Samsung Blu-ray players were using to connect to Samsung servers via HTTPS.
Expired certificates are often the cause of major outages, and they’ve hit other top companies before, such as Facebook, Microsoft, Roku, Ericsson, Mozilla, and others."

wogfor

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
There are now literally hundreds of posters to Samsung's community forum echoing this problem. I also saw a post at another website where a person claimed to have spoken to somebody at Samsung who said the problem was totally fixable on their end and there and and no need to send the machines in for repair. They really didn't quote a source so I don't know if there is any validity to that or not.

In the mean time we are all owners of little black bricks.

Gartix

Honorable
May 28, 2016
I contacted Samsung → they provided mi phone number of their service in my city to contact them about info → the girl at phone said , yes we have similar reports from several customers, so I told her to update me if she will has some news → she contacted me after 2 hours, that there is no solution for the issue now, and they are unable to do anything with my HT now → I said thank you ....

Gartix

Honorable
May 28, 2016
There is the forum thread with over 2000 posts at Samsung US page and only reply from Samsung yet is this one :

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information.

Gartix

Honorable
May 28, 2016
It seems customers in UK and US already can get free shipping labels, so samsung paying for pick ups and fix it for free. At invoice is standing just firmware/software update so repair itself cost few minutes I believe. But rest of the world, at least in Czech and Slovakia still waiting for solution and Samsung there still pretend they does not know about anything. Its a such a shame, no coordination, or problem solved even after weeks .... Do you guys have any news or experience with customer services in your countries?

wogfor

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
I just contacted Samsung through their website (Live Chat) and received a service ticket for a no-charge out of warranty repair and a UPS label. No receipt or original box is required, and sending the remote was not required. I will send it out on Monday and will update with any progress. I figure at this point, the thing is a brick anyway, so nothing to lose.

I home those of you in other places can find similar solutions

Sidenote - person I ended up contacting was Amitpreet. I think it may be an Indian name but not sure M or F. They were very professional and courteous even through chat. I thought at first it was a bot but pretty sure it was a live body.

Last edited:

Gartix

Honorable
May 28, 2016
In my case I brought HT to Samsung repair centrum in my city (after month they finally know what to do with it) and I picked up after 2 working days repaired. The invoice was for 0 and they made some factory reset. The reason standing at invoice was the Samsung switched off the servers for updating some devices including my HT som then the device keep restarting after it cannot make connection to this server to check the updates. So now it is solved and HT working,hopefully forever :) Hope you guys solved it as well now.

wogfor

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
I would report that my Blu-ray player was repaired and sent back to me and seems to be working correctly. Turn around was just over a week. Not bad considering the thing was out of warranty. I guess that was a way of admitting you messed up without really admitting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.