Question Static and Flashing screen

FriboRage

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
Hello!
GPU I’m using is a Radeon r9 390

Just got a new monitor
Msi optix AG321cqr

Everything’s been working great, but today I tried to play Just Cause 2 and the screen was full of static, right from the screens with the publishers and everything and all the way to the title screen… like it had the proper graphics but with static over it. In addition to the static the screen is blacking out and coming back… sometimes quickly and sometimes it stays black or stays on for awhile… static is constant. When the screen returns from being black it has a box that says DP like it’s showing the input source.

Also- the static doesn’t show up in screenshots, I had to take pictures with my phone.

Black Desert Online also behaves this way.

Genshin Impact, Diablo 2 and 3, Kenshi, and Dying Light all work perfectly and look amazing with maxed out settings.

Drivers for monitor and gpu are up to date, I tried swapping resolutions and refresh rates, makes no difference.

O6j7MuY.jpg

sOVFRch.jpg

Dec 28, 2022
Hello!
GPU I’m using is a Radeon r9 390

Just got a new monitor
Msi optix AG321cqr

Everything’s been working great, but today I tried to play Just Cause 2 and the screen was full of static, right from the screens with the publishers and everything and all the way to the title screen… like it had the proper graphics but with static over it. In addition to the static the screen is blacking out and coming back… sometimes quickly and sometimes it stays black or stays on for awhile… static is constant. When the screen returns from being black it has a box that says DP like it’s showing the input source.

Also- the static doesn’t show up in screenshots, I had to take pictures with my phone.

Black Desert Online also behaves this way.

Genshin Impact, Diablo 2 and 3, Kenshi, and Dying Light all work perfectly and look amazing with maxed out settings.

Drivers for monitor and gpu are up to date, I tried swapping resolutions and refresh rates, makes no difference.

O6j7MuY.jpg

sOVFRch.jpg
can you try to restart so it will refresh?

FriboRage

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
can you try to restart so it will refresh?

So I did a restart on the whole pc after setting the resolution and refresh rate, as I think I understood what you meant...

It made no difference.

I changed the settings from 2560 x 1440 @ 144hz down to 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz, which is how I ran these games before.

Still seeing exactly the same issue

FriboRage

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
Alright, I think I have it fixed.

I swapped back to HDMI, the games that were acting up ran fine. So I swapped back to DisplayPort... right back to poop.

Then, I swapped to a different DP port on my graphics card and... boom, we're good.

I dunno if that port is messed up or what, there are 3 total and this one seems to work well. I appreciate anyone who read and thought about the issue for a second, hopefully it stays fixed.

Thanks!