Static lines in monitor. Hardware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCruelator

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
There is an annoying line that is in my monitor and I don't know how to fix it. I don't think it is a software problem because it shows up when the monitor turns on and the logo of the motherboard shows up. What I want to ask is that can this be fixed by a professional or can I fix this myself?
See video please: [video="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6LOnGLTWA"][/video] i hope its noticeable from there. I even pointed it out. Please help me. Thank you

Solution
As I said earlier, you'll need a small soldering iron, lots of time, and a few spare capacitors...if you don't have any of them, I suggest trying a repairman/service center. Repairing such an issue should cost you WAY less than 60USD if the tech is being honest with you. I usually wouldn't charge more than that to repair such an issue.

Your issue is most probably a few dead capacitors in your power supply unit. But that's usually something only someone tech savvy can repair or diagnostic. The parts themselves cost less than 1$ each...

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
Hello.

Static lines like that usually mean dead capacitors in the power supply or video card of the monitor. It's something you can fix, if you're knowledgeable in using a soldering iron.

But first of all, does it do this with the computer cable unplugged? Have you checked on another wall plug if it does the same thing on the monitor logo? Make sure it's not related to your location first of all.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
A hum bar like this is most often caused by a external electric device like a heater or lamp being near the monitor, or if the device is plugged into the same outlet or on the same circuit.
As a test try moving the monitor to a different location or position. Better test would be, try setting up your system elsewhere.

TheCruelator

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
The only electrical device near my monitor is my modem/router and it is plugged in the same AVR as my cpu. I don't know if this will add any information but this monitor has been with me since 2009 And its the only one that i have. I will try to use other cables and another AVR and I will update you all. Thank you very much

TheCruelator

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I replaced all the cables. Even changed the AVR that I'm using and the problem still presists. What should I do now? Should I bring my monitor to a service center? Also color white here on my monitor isn't white at all. Its kind of a yellowish and I tried adjusting the gamma and colors but it does nothing. Should I bring this to a repairman or what can I do? I can't afford another monitor as I just bought a new motherboard, processor and graphics card.

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
As I said earlier, you'll need a small soldering iron, lots of time, and a few spare capacitors...if you don't have any of them, I suggest trying a repairman/service center. Repairing such an issue should cost you WAY less than 60USD if the tech is being honest with you. I usually wouldn't charge more than that to repair such an issue.

Your issue is most probably a few dead capacitors in your power supply unit. But that's usually something only someone tech savvy can repair or diagnostic. The parts themselves cost less than 1$ each...

Solution

TheCruelator

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I will go to a repair cebter ad stay there until its finished because techs here in my city are cheaters. They will add mire problems so it would cost more. Thank you very much!

TheCruelator

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Sorry for replyig just now. I found a fix for my problem. Turns out, the cables I had were all bad. I tried again with another cable that I bought and it worked perfectly again. It was just because of the AVG cable. I had to buy a new one. But anyways THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I really appreciate you guys and this site :)

Status
Not open for further replies.