Question Static sound when mouse being moved.

Jul 24, 2024
Hello,

I'm hoping that I can get an answer to why this situation is occurring with my PC. Over the last few weeks, I've noticed that when I move my mouse, a specific type of sound would come from the CPU/CPU Cooler Fan area. I have attached a video to demonstrate this issue and hopefully you can come to a conclusion to what this could be and if it could be harmful for my PC in the near future.

Video Link: View: https://imgur.com/a/KMto3hp

Here are my PC specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
MB: MSI MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
M: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
NVME: WD_BLACK SN770 2TB
GPU: N/A
PS: MSI MPG A1000G PCIE 5 80 Plus Gold 1000W

The CPU and motherboard were purchased a couple of months ago, brand-new. At the moment, I was seeking to purchase a new GPU and when I came across this sound issue, I have no idea how to proceed.

The mouse that I am using is the Razer Orochi V2 18000 DPI Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse.

Thank you, and hope you can provide me with great feedback.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

The CPU and motherboard were purchased a couple of months ago, brand-new.
Did you reinstall the OS after your platform swap/upgrade?

Have you tried relocating to another wall outlet and seen if the noise is eliminated?

I'm curious to ask why you chose such a high wattage unit when you don't have a discrete GPU. Are you planning on an RTX4090 or higher?

Jul 24, 2024
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

The CPU and motherboard were purchased a couple of months ago, brand-new.
Did you reinstall the OS after your platform swap/upgrade?

Have you tried relocating to another wall outlet and seen if the noise is eliminated?

I'm curious to ask why you chose such a high wattage unit when you don't have a discrete GPU. Are you planning on an RTX4090 or higher?
I am running the latest BIOS version for this motherboard. Yes, everything was reinstalled fresh. I'm planning on purchasing the RTX 4070 Super in the near future, but for now I am curious to why this sound is occurring. This shouldn't be happening.