Question Static sound when mouse being moved.

Jul 24, 2024
Hello,

I'm hoping that I can get an answer to why this situation is occurring with my PC. Over the last few weeks, I've noticed that when I move my mouse, a specific type of sound would come from the CPU/CPU Cooler Fan area.

Here are my PC specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
MB: MSI MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
M: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
NVME: WD_BLACK SN770 2TB
GPU: N/A
PS: MSI MPG A1000G PCIE 5 80 Plus Gold 1000W

The CPU and motherboard were purchased a couple of months ago, brand-new. At the moment, I was seeking to purchase a new GPU and when I came across this sound issue, I have no idea how to proceed.

The mouse that I am using is the Razer Orochi V2 18000 DPI Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse.

Thank you, and hope you can provide me with great feedback.

KingLoki

Proper
Jul 10, 2024
Have you tried plugging the wireless mouse usb adapter into a different port. If its plugged in the rear mobo usb, then try the case usb's, or vise versa, just to see if its a specific port problem to start with.

Jul 24, 2024
Have you tried plugging the wireless mouse usb adapter into a different port. If its plugged in the rear mobo usb, then try the case usb's, or vise versa, just to see if its a specific port problem to start with.
It has been always plugged on my rear motherboard but I have just changed it from 2.4Ghz signal to Bluetooth and it reduced the noise by fairly a lot. Am I dealing with a particular mouse or motherboard problem?

KingLoki

Proper
Jul 10, 2024
Ummm, that's difficult to answer. Seems like static interference of some sort. Possibly mouse/usb adapter problem.

Is the noise still there if you use a front case port and use 2.4ghz wireless?

Latest posts