Question Steam Community, Profile and Store not loading

Jul 28, 2019
Hi, whenever I try and go to the store, community, profile or friends tab on the steam client the page is a black screen and the load symbol just keeps loading and nothing happeneds. The screen is black and then lights up grey as if its about to load the page but then just goes back to black. This cycle happends endlessly.

I used a cleaning program that removed traces of a program and im affraid that it may have deleted some sort of dll or something associated with steam. What i've tried:

-Restarting Computer
  • Reinstalling Steam (using Revo Uninstaller)
  • Deleting HTMLCache
  • Clearing Download Cache
  • Running steam client in Administator
  • Disabling Beta Participation
  • Unticking Compatiability Mode

When I go into Big Picture mode the tabs seem to work normally the problem only persists on the client.

Im Running:
Windows 10 - Ver. 1809

PS. the client worked normally before I ran the cleanup program. I'm pretty sure it might have altered a setting or removed a file which is causing this problem. I'm not sure if there is a steam 'repair' tool that can help this.

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2019
I would prefer not to roll back to an earlier time because I did need to use the cleaner to remove some files and I would like to keep those files removed. Idealy I would like to identify what is causing the problem and the steps I can take to fix the issue.

Jul 28, 2019
I was using a HWID Spoofer and after an EAC Ban I needed to clean all the trace files. I used the cleaner which came with the spoofer though so i'm not too sure how it functions

Krytor

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
if steam is the only program being affected. I would first click on steam tool bar on the very top left corner: steam>Backup and restore games> choose backup currently installed programs (clink on all your games ) finish that process. Then uninstall steam and re-install, then Restore games.

but if other web clients are also affected (like Blizzard, Origin, Arc, War gaming) and web browser (check and see if youtube works) then it could range from your video drivers; direct X or even windows display properties and will have to tackle each one separately.

note to anyone: *always create a restore point before using any disk cleaners or removing any programs in the control panel that you are unsure of what they are or what they can do.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
Youtube and other apps work just fine. It seems that steam is the only program effected. I've done a clean re-install of steam and it's still not working so I feel that it may be some sort of driver or setting that has been altered. Im very lost atm

Krytor

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Youtube and other apps work just fine. It seems that steam is the only program effected. I've done a clean re-install of steam and it's still not working so I feel that it may be some sort of driver or setting that has been altered. Im very lost atm
send a support ticket to Steam (tell them what you got going on but I would leave out the bleaching the hard drive), if it is really bugging you while you are waiting try, update or reinstall your video card drivers. then try working on windows, resintall Windows without changing personal files maybe your best bet or Microsoft support can check to see if everything is ok with the OS and direct x , it's time consuming but free.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
Update: I've got it to work. Steam support said to disable GPU Accelerator in the client settings and after a restart it started working. Thanks for all of the help !