Steam Discounting Over 1000 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]annisman[/nom]Yeah there goes all my money, happens every year. Gotta love Steam, one of the most positive things that has ever happened to PC gaming.[/citation]
Actually happends twice a year!
Last summer was just as costly! Well over 100 games on my account by now. Horrible how money finds a way of leaving my bank account.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
That is what the title sais - and what the steam client sais - and what seems to be correct.

A quick search on indie specials alone came back with well over 180 results ... and that's just the indie genre..

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]No the title says "Discounting" not "Discontinuing"[/citation]

Oh my bad - I read your discontinuing as as discounting - so I guess we're all shit at reading today. My eyes are probably just frozen solid like the rest of europe!

nativeson8803

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
damn the rockstar and valve deals are SOLID. Only problem for me is I own too many of the games separately, but seriously I have considered buying the GTA4 complete just so that i could fit both games on my SSD (I own both, but since i bought them separately it's over 30 gigs).

Anybody know of a way to combine the regular games to have only half the space taken up, as in the complete pack?

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Saw the Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $6.97. It blew my mind.[/citation]

Same, how a game such as Bad Company 2 can go for $7 while Activision still sells Modern Warfare 2/Black Ops for $60, that's what really blows my mind.

Especially since BF > CoD

Whatever, the money hungry bastards at Activision can die for all I care.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]Same, how a game such as Bad Company 2 can go for $7 while Activision still sells Modern Warfare 2/Black Ops for $60, that's what really blows my mind.Especially since BF > CoDWhatever, the money hungry bastards at Activision can die for all I care.[/citation]
It was funny to see the top list of games being bought, nearly every single one was under 20$, but you see BO's for 60$.
Still, deals like this slightly angers me when I bought a game, and then a Christmas deal makes it less than half of what it originally was.

maurath55

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
tell your friends that are not pc gamers, perfect time for them to get in. we need to save our platform from just stupid console ports.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I just wish I could get a discount on a game pack if I already own some of the games in it. Sure I get an extra copy that I can give to a friend, but I'd rather get a few $ off.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]dalta centauri[/nom]It was funny to see the top list of games being bought, nearly every single one was under 20$, but you see BO's for 60$.Still, deals like this slightly angers me when I bought a game, and then a Christmas deal makes it less than half of what it originally was.[/citation]

How evil a company must be to want to make money.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Saw the Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $6.97. It blew my mind.[/citation]

Mine too, so I bought it. Now I can't find anyone online either. :p oh well I prefer single player anyway but would have been nice to play online with my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.