Steam games cant open

Denkata121

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
I recently upgraded to a GTX 1050 TI. A few days after this i couldnt open my steam games that i had no problem opening before. I havent done anything else and i hope someone can help.

Solution
Try reinstall steam as originally suggested. Backup your steamapps folder by copying the folder somewhere. Incase something goes wrong and dont lose your games but it should be fine.

Once done copying, delete everything in steam except for steam.exe and steamapps.

Next, launch steam and it'll re-download the files.

--

Or verify game files in steam.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Might not be steam related then.

Did you reinstall graphics drivers after the upgrade?

Not using Geforce Experience

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Enter the fields.

Run the driver installer as administrator and select custom install and check to do a clean install.

servlet.ImageServer

Denkata121

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016

1 i did install the latest drivers from the site right after i put the gpu in, i3 6098p (similar to a 6100) 8 gb or ram windows 10 and i used a gtx 750 ti

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try reinstall steam as originally suggested. Backup your steamapps folder by copying the folder somewhere. Incase something goes wrong and dont lose your games but it should be fine.

Once done copying, delete everything in steam except for steam.exe and steamapps.

Next, launch steam and it'll re-download the files.

--

Or verify game files in steam.

Solution

Anarkie13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2015
Have you uninstalled the old drivers first? (DDU is the standard GPU uninstall application, google it for details)

Before installing a new card, especially one from a different generation, you need to fully uninstall the old drivers. Otherwise conflicts can cause issues.

Dec 31, 2018
I'm not a techie and have had a similar problem with myGTX 1050 to for months. Last night I solved it. Read somewhere on one of the hundreds of forums I have been scanning for eons, that someone had this issue after installing a driver for a second monitor. I use"Duet" program to enable me to use my iPad as a second monitor....I simply uninstalled it and the graphics card works fine on all games.