Question Steamdeck screen protector peeling off when hot

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
Hi,

I have the 256gb steamdeck and I’ve fitted a brotect anti glare screen protector. I’ve fitted it perfectly with no visible dust or bubbles. However, when the steamdeck becomes warm while gaming the screen protector peels off. I replaced it with another and the same issue happened again. To save me the hassle of trial and error I thought to ask if anyone is using a screen protector that doesn’t come off, or is this normal?

Thank you.

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
Is this thing a certified product, validated by Valve, to be used with Steamdeck? If not, then issues with it are normal, since you're using an unofficial modification.
Thanks. I don’t think there is an official screen protector. I wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issue because my one becomes very hot on the top right side of the screen which is why it comes off.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I don’t think there is an official screen protector.

If there aren't, is there even a need for one? :unsure:

Many modern devices (mainly smart phones), have screen protector built-in, into the screen itself. E.g my smart phone has Gorilla Glass 5, eliminating any need for additional screen protection.

because my one becomes very hot on the top right side of the screen

Given how small Steamdeck is, and how powerful it also is, it getting hot is completely normal.

Now, there are screen protectors that have far more durable glue, resistant to higher temps, that you could use. The normal screen protector is meant for smart phones, that either doesn't get as hot, or aren't located in hot climates.