Question Steel Series Apex Pro TKL Spacebar wonky!

tjbumbico

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2015
Hello guys I had no idea where to list this so hopefully this is close to the correct place.

I have a 1 year old Steel Series Apex Pro TKL keyboard. I love it. However my son dumped something in it at some point. I cleaned it out with alcohol etc, there is nothing that sticks anymore. However, I have a new problem. The spacebar has a gansta lean. It is cosmetically unappealing and it occasionally causes a functionality issue. I have tried to clean the button very well, I have tried to clean the metal bar and stabbys really well, but it just doesn't rebound like it used to. I would RMA this but I don't think they would like seeing the liquid damage and probably just cost me money in the end.

Picture of the gangsta
https://ibb.co/4MNnTHf

Any help would be appreciated!

CeltPC

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
Hello guys I had no idea where to list this so hopefully this is close to the correct place.

I have a 1 year old Steel Series Apex Pro TKL keyboard. I love it. However my son dumped something in it at some point. I cleaned it out with alcohol etc, there is nothing that sticks anymore. However, I have a new problem. The spacebar has a gansta lean. It is cosmetically unappealing and it occasionally causes a functionality issue. I have tried to clean the button very well, I have tried to clean the metal bar and stabbys really well, but it just doesn't rebound like it used to. I would RMA this but I don't think they would like seeing the liquid damage and probably just cost me money in the end.

Picture of the gangsta
https://ibb.co/4MNnTHf

Any help would be appreciated!
I don't want to ask the obvious, but you never know - have you pulled the space bar off the keyboard to look at the switch itself, as well as inspect the underside of the space bar key for any debris or damage? Then re-seated the key if all looked ok?

tjbumbico

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2015
I don't want to ask the obvious, but you never know - have you pulled the space bar off the keyboard to look at the switch itself, as well as inspect the underside of the space bar key for any debris or damage? Then re-seated the key if all looked ok?
Yes I have actually had all the buttons off and cleaned. I even took the keyboard apart to clean inside. (Thus I most likely voided the warranty)