[SOLVED] Stereo over Bluetooth ?

ngoodacre

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I have a Windows 8.1 desktop and recently added a Creative Labs BT-W3 Bluetooth v.5 adaptor and 'front-ended' my legacy hi-fi setup with an Auris bluMe hd receiver (also BT v.5) in the hope that I would be able to transmit music in stereo to my tried and faithful NAD amplifier driving a pair of speakers. The two RCA outputs from the Auris are connected to the AUX input on the NAD integrated amp. The music sounds fine - but it is only coming from one speaker . The amp and both speakers are definitely ok and I don't suspect the Auris BT receiver (yet), so I believe that I may have to make some Bluetooth settings that , in effect, tell Bluetooth in my desktop to transmit both streams of a stereo music file (MP3 in this case) not just one as it seems to be doing. I have looked at the Bluetooth A2DP profile description and transmission of stereo is included; also millions of BT headphones, including my own, receive stereo with no problems at all

My efforts to investigate this problem are hamstrung by the fact that there is no BT icon in my Windows tray, and all my efforts to restore the BT icon (assuming that it was ever there) have so far failed, so I can't get to "Bluetooth Settings". I have tried to follow the Microsoft articles on this and related issues problem without success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution