Balmer's epic fail interview on the Click show when he tried to pretend that
Windows was suitable for tablets? It was embarassing to watch. Balmer is
too much the straight business type to lead a gaming project. They need
some new blood for sure.

Ian.

Farfolomew

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Mr kevin parrish i think its about time you updated your balmer photo. I knew before clicking on this article.that if this was written by you i knew what photo id see. It is a great pic tho, you rarely disappoint!

expect to see a media blitz like none other shortly. There is only one thing Balmer knows... and that's the shout down the competition. The airways will be flooded with xb1 commercials from now until the superbowl.

Also, expect for some of the recent reversals to be reversed again. He doesn't like to admit M$ is wrong. he's all about the bottom line. So watch all the reversals come with a $100-$150 price DROP. It will once again be an always online machine, with draconian DRM policies, likely far more integrated kinect (probably won't be able to turn it off or cover the camera), all covered up with the price drop

just you watch. it's going to happen. This will be about convincing 13yos and their soccer moms to buy it, not about making nice with the hard core gaming and computing crowd.

pariahdox

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
@yannigr Xbox None... has a nice ring to it... or maybe, Xbox No-One

seriously though, im getting one and not the least bit concerned

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
"MICROSOFT CHANGES XBOX ONE PRICE!"

- Gamers - " Yeah Ballmer!"

"XBOX ONE PRICE NOW $599."

-Gamers - "Da faq!"

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
How is an always on internet connection a Draconian DRM policy?
Draconian - Adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Draco or his code of laws.
2. ( often lowercase ) rigorous; unusually severe or cruel: Draconian forms of punishment.

Now a DRM that installs a rootkit that makes it easier to break your computer, and does active performance inhibiting checks is Draconian. The proposed DRM is more akin to Steam's DRM.

While on the surface it is very easy to understand the Balmer hate because he comes off as loud, slow, annoying, and uninformed. And yet he has been in charge of MS for quite a while now, and has not only managed to not sink the ship, but actually grow it.
So while my initial reaction to balmer being placed in charge makes me think that XB1 will now just be Halo and sports games, I have to step back and realize that while I do not like him, he has made some great decisions in other departments so this may not be so bad.

I still dobut that we will see cross-platform capabilities between XB1 and Win8 PCs like we should this generation... but who knows. Maybe something good will happen.

The Grave Digger

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

That $599 Not Including XBONE START BUTTON,If you Want it you must add another $10 for it...LOL

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Has Microsoft completely lost its marbles? That's an open spot for someone to actually do something with and the CEO is just going to swallow it with his own tasks? Not only is it a bad idea given Steve's reputation, it's simply bad management. This guy doesn't even understand a simple structural environment and has no idea how to use delegation.

I'm sorry Microsoft, but this time, you've gone too far. Sony 100%

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Wow not a single positive article for xbox one or Ballmer. Well I will be the first, I already have my Xbox One pre-ordered from Amazon and am excited to try out the way the new kinect integrates with my TV.
PS4 vs Xbox One BLAH BLAH BLAH! All the games will be roughly the same on both next gen consoles. So to me the biggest difference will be the other stuff the console can do, aka watch TV or the ESPN app that I watch almost everyday on my Xbox.
I have a GTX Titan running my games at 2560 x 1600 on a 30" monitor so I've been playing "next gen" games for two months now at a higher resolution then the mighty next gen consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.