Steve Wozniak: Scene in Steve Jobs Movie is Inaccurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Okay I get why some of Zak's stuff is on here, but seriously? This? Who cares? This isn't technology, this isn't hardware. This isn't remotely related to what this website is about. I used to almost defend some of the apple spam on here, but now it's indefensible.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]yobobjm[/nom]Okay I get why some of Zak's stuff is on here, but seriously? This? Who cares? This isn't technology, this isn't hardware. This isn't remotely related to what this website is about. I used to almost defend some of the apple spam on here, but now it's indefensible.[/citation]
This is a movie about the life of the leader of a company who has possibly done more for modern day technology, especially mobile technology than anyone else who died at, as some would say 'at the peak of his prime'. So I don't think it is too much of a stretch to see the connection.

However, the story is a weak one at best and not worthy of journalism full stop. I mean, a movie, got something, a little wrong? Oh no... That has never happened before... ever.

I don't think anyone expected a movie about jobs to be honest or accurate, and I don't think the kinds of people who would see it want it to be either. They'd be sorely disappointed.

Its unfortunate, but expected, that jobs would be assigned all the credit. That's kinda his thing

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Hollywood rarely gets it right sadly...[/citation] Wrong! Hollywood never gets anything remotely right. It is a world of reality distortions. Apt.

mx2138

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]pat[/nom]So, they filmed it wrong?[/citation]
I see what you did there.

For me, after Michael Kelso, the only other character that I've been able to believe thanks to his acting was Evan in the butterfly effect. those were fictitious tho

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Hollywood rarely gets it right sadly...[/citation]Hollywood never gets anything remotely right. It is a place of reality distortions...apt, for the film protagonist.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]This is a movie about the life of the leader of a company who has possibly done more for modern day technology, especially mobile technology than anyone else who died at, as some would say 'at the peak of his prime'. [/citation]

Uh, Jobs did what? Put a logo on it?

iniudan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]This is a movie about the life of the leader of a company who has possibly done more for modern day technology, especially mobile technology than anyone else who died at, as some would say 'at the peak of his prime'. [/citation]

Go say that on Dennis Richie grave...

iniudan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]This is a movie about the life of the leader of a company who has possibly done more for modern day technology, especially mobile technology than anyone else who died at, as some would say 'at the peak of his prime'.[/citation]

Why not say that on Dennis Ritchie grave while your at it...

ssd_pro

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]This is a movie about the life of the leader of a company who has possibly done more for modern day technology, especially mobile technology than anyone else who died at, as some would say 'at the peak of his prime'. So I don't think it is too much of a stretch to see the connection.However, the story is a weak one at best and not worthy of journalism full stop. I mean, a movie, got something, a little wrong? Oh no... That has never happened before... ever.[/citation]

Done more? If you step back a bit you might notice all the mobile connectivity has led to a more shallow, less connected society. Oh... and all those Foxconn workers who jumped out of their prison dorms probably feel less connected too. Quite a legacy.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]esrever[/nom]If they want an accurate movie on jobs. They need to fill in all the parts where he just steals ideas from other people then sue them afterward.[/citation]

And firing entire project teams...

And dropping the F-bomb when someone suggest something that he doesn't like.

And just being a jerk to his employees.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
The movie will just be a 2 hour advertisement for Apple, and try to label Jobs as some sort of messiah visionary (which he was not). Don't waste your money on this trash.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
iWoz is a great book (crappy title), and is probably the best depiction of the Woz/Jerk I mean Jobs relationship to date.

nikojagochi

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Ashton can't act... This sucks...
Ashton is always playing Kelso,.. the scenes with Ashton in any series/movie/whatever look Kelso-dumb

Ashton as Jobs just can't work...

There's a decade old movie about Jobs and Bill Gates, it's lower budget, but it's really good.

This looks like a poor marketing attempt to earn some money off of Jobs death before people start forgetting him...

Status
Not open for further replies.