Stir Updates Desk Lineup With The Kinetic Desk M1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hr_sto

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
What a terrible idea. The effort you put into going to the bathroom for a piss totally outweighs this desk. Or going out for lunch.

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
First of all you should not change the height on a table without also change the height of what you are sitting on, or stand up. The second, 140 pound? is it reinforced steel?

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
This is a sit/stand desk. It is designed to change heights when you want to stand up or sit down to work. They usually have a memory so you can switch easily between the two.

It is actually becoming fairly common as we are now finding out that sitting all day is actually bad for your health. People are now using these to stand up for a portion of the day to work to help with back problems and such.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
to add to pedasc's comment, there are many treadmill/bike desks being made for basically the same reason. trying to get rid of first world health problems.

I wanted a sit/stand desk for my home office setup but as awesome as this one is, I just can't stomach nearly $3k for it no matter what nifty tech is with it. I could buy an equally awesome (minus the techie stuff) desk from Ergotron for probably one fifth the price of this one. It's a nice desk, no doubt... but not $3k nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.