stock speed on overclocked cpu after windows 10 update 1803

Oct 20, 2018
hi everyone...

i have a problem with new windows update..

my cpu is 6850k and its overclocked to 4.4 for a year now and there was no problem at all...

today after new windows update, windows doesn't utilize the overclock even though the system is overclocked in bios...

non of my benchmarking softwares utilize the overclock and they all ran in stock speed...

did anyone have this issue? help please,thanks

Solution
thank you for your answer...no i overclocked through bios,,, i found the solution though,,,it was one of windows updates that is designed against spectre,,,as soon as i uninstalled it the clocks went back to overclocked 4.4...i reached out to microsoft and explained the problem and they said don't install that update until we fix it in future versions... the updates name was KB4100347

Colif

Win 11 Master
How was overclock achieved? in bios or via software?

if it is a software overclock, what software did you use? Possible windows is ignoring the drivers for the software that set overclock if it is old software.

installing a version update should not change a overclock if its in the bios, they generally don't reset bios settings that I am aware of. Only place it should change would be boot area I would think.

What does HWINFO report CPU speed set at?

Oct 20, 2018
thank you for your answer...no i overclocked through bios,,, i found the solution though,,,it was one of windows updates that is designed against spectre,,,as soon as i uninstalled it the clocks went back to overclocked 4.4...i reached out to microsoft and explained the problem and they said don't install that update until we fix it in future versions... the updates name was KB4100347

Solution