stock voltage for fx 8350

ChrisDFW1

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
I want to play around with ocing on stock voltages but bios is set to auto. I have read a hundred posts on many forums. Does anyone know what the stock voltage is for this cpu?

Solution
yes there are a lot of different tests prime95 is probably the best but its really opinion basically you will run the test and it is gonna heat that chip up as hard as it can and while it is doing that it is gonna check for errors

ChrisDFW1

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Ok then. I have an M5a99x evo board... my question is what is the stock voltage for this cpu. Like i said what i want to do is play around maybe a step at a time with stock voltages without raising them. I just want to know what my stock voltage should be before i start this.

I read on a couple of forums that 1.35V is the stock voltage

ChrisDFW1

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
yea a couple of people said 4.4 is the highest you can go at 1.35 and moving up to 4.5 requires upping the voltage. Maybe i will try 4.4 at 1.35. it has worked for other people

but say that 4.5 is your number what you do is start at 1.35 then go into the bios and use the -+ symbols on the far right of your keyboard and bump it one time everytime you test till its stable the reason people usually start higher is because of the chances for errors and bsod at lower voltages

you can go pretty high on minimal voltage the computer will run but its essentially being undervolted and it will not be close to stable for most but you never know you could have won the silicon lottery and the chip will be awesome at low volts mine is. What cooler do you have?

ChrisDFW1

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
ok. i am to tired tonight to mess with it but i am off monday and will see what i can come up with. So you think i should try leaving it at 1.35 and just go up 100 at a time from the 4.1 its at currently?

no i personally thin you should start at 4.5 and 1.45 and see if its stable and what your temps are if its not stable you will need more volts if it is then just start drawing down the volts. the fx 8350 is a great oc it will hit 4.5 no problem the temps will be your only problem