Stop error 7F

I am running windows 2000 Professional and I get a stop error 7F,8 unexpected
kernal mode trap. The knowledge base tells me this is most likely a double
bus fault due to a memory problem. However, when I boot in safe mode, I do
not get this problem. Does this mean it is a softtware issue? Any
suggestions on how to proceed? Thank you!!

"basstub" <basstub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running windows 2000 Professional and I get a stop error 7F,8
>unexpected
> kernal mode trap. The knowledge base tells me this is most likely a
> double
> bus fault due to a memory problem. However, when I boot in safe mode,
> I do
> not get this problem. Does this mean it is a softtware issue? Any
> suggestions on how to proceed? Thank you!!

try removing and reseating your PC's memory

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk