[SOLVED] Stop Windows Photo from storing Pics?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
So I had a friend over and mistakenly clicked on the photo app and on my 55" screen pops up Windows Photo App which has apparently been saving every photo I open in its own library... good thing it was only a bunch of naked photos of my girlfriend!!!
I cannot find a way or any suggestion as to how I can stop the app from doing this. I already have onedrive off and removed from this computer.. I don't use any linked up google pictures or similar apps. I just open files from my hard drive and don't want them to be stored in the app.

Solution
Type "Photos" in the "Type here to search box".

When presented click the Photos App

Then click the three dots in the upper right corner.

Select Settings.

Check the various settings.

Sources lists the available folders.

Explore before you change anything to ensure that you have indeed found the location of the photos and the configuration setting to stop the photos but being stored therein.

Also: If you are using any other photo related apps - check their default settings as well.

Ralston18

Titan

Select Settings.

Explore before you change anything to ensure that you have indeed found the location of the photos and the configuration setting to stop the photos but being stored therein.

Also: If you are using any other photo related apps - check their default settings as well.

Solution

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

Select Settings.

Huh I thought I had already done that but you're right.. it was just that. Also for anyone down the line looking you can go to Settings>Personalization>Start> switch "show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar and in file explorer quick access" to off. That will keep it from logging a list of recently viewed files when you hover over the icon on the taskbar.

Thanks for the help!