strange CPU temperatures

CaptainFluffyBear

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
So, a month ago I bought a liquid CPU cooler, the H55 closed loop cooler for my AMD FX 6300 (not overclocked) At first, I had really nice temperatures of 44 degrees max after sessions of gaming (of like, 2 hours) after a month, it has gon up to 51 degrees max. Those are not hot temperatures but I don't know why it has gon up and will it continue to go up?
I used the pre applied thermal paste, no system changes where made, but the temperature might have gon up a little bit.
Thanks for reading.

Solution
Have your idle temps changed from what they were before? Do you know if any fan speed profiles have changed? is it a lot warmer in the room now ambient speaking versus when you first installed it? example, a month ago we had days in the 20's-30F's now its 50-70F here

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Have your idle temps changed from what they were before? Do you know if any fan speed profiles have changed? is it a lot warmer in the room now ambient speaking versus when you first installed it? example, a month ago we had days in the 20's-30F's now its 50-70F here

Solution

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I would keep an eye on it, do you know if maybe the game was optimized by software and running everything a little harder? Your temps are fine. I would imagine its nothing to worry about especially because you are keeping an eye on them