Question Strange on-screen message after booting up for the first time

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
I finally set up a computer and it says this.

Screen-message-after-first-booting.jpg

"Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.
The VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver.
CSM (Compatibility Support Module) settings have been changed for better compatibility.
For further adjustments, press [F1] to enter BIOS setup.
If no adjustments needed, press [F2] to confirm the current settings and enter OS directly.
After setting up Intel(R) Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA Mode Selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues
Press F1 to Run SETUP"

Why does it say "The VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver" when I connected this monitor through HDMI, not VGA? This link says it's a problem with GPU. But how can I know in advance whether this GPU will cause a problem like this or not?

What does "After setting up Intel(R) Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA Mode Selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues" mean? It is telling me to do something but I can't understand. This video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdTQz_OKhI
) is telling me not to do what the screen message tells me to do. Instead, this video is advising to replace the motherboard (CMOS) battery. Where can I buy that battery that is compatible with my computer? Is this a problem with SATA? (I use SSD m.2 harddrive, not internal HDD. Of course, I might from time to time use external SATA. But I think I will never use internal SATA because that's too slow.)

This link says this motherboard has a horrible installation of CMOS so the entire armor has to be disassembled to get it done. But perhaps I have to do it.

These are the components:

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900x
CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 256GB DDR4-3600
Storage: ADATA Legend 850 SSD m.2
Case: Lancool III
GPU: GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6 Twin X2

=======================================
[UPDATE]
This problem was completely solved by replacing the CMOS battery by following the advice of this video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdTQz_OKhI
)

Last edited:

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
OP here... now I have an even more strange error message after force-shutting down the computer by long-pressing the power button.

It now additionally says
"The system has POSTed in safe mode.
This may be due to the previous POST attempt failing because of system instability,
or if the power button was held in to force the system off.
If the systemfailed to POST after you made changes to UEFI settings, you may wish to revert to stable settings to prevent POST failure"

What is this? It's true that I long-held the power button to force the system off because I couldn't find a "shut down computer" button on BIOS. Is this a bad thing to do?

Screen-message-after-first-booting-second-time-with-new-warning-after-force-shutting-down-and-taking.jpg

OP here... now I have an even more strange error message after force-shutting down the computer by long-pressing the power button.

It now additionally says
"The system has POSTed in safe mode.
This may be due to the previous POST attempt failing because of system instability,
or if the power button was held in to force the system off.
If the systemfailed to POST after you made changes to UEFI settings, you may wish to revert to stable settings to prevent POST failure"

What is this? It's true that I long-held the power button to force the system off because I couldn't find a "shut down computer" button on BIOS. Is this a bad thing to do?

Screen-message-after-first-booting-second-time-with-new-warning-after-force-shutting-down-and-taking.jpg
Check CMOS battery, it may be low and forgetting the settings.
You also may want to update or re-flash same BIOS.

Reactions: mujmuj