[SOLVED] Strange Timeout Watchdog Clock, bsod

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
I’m getting the “Timeout Watchdog Clock” after putting in a new SSD Samsung 860 evo 500gb) onto my PC. I was running a Samsung 860 evo 120gb without any issue, was playing Fortnite with no problems. (nothing overclocking)

PC Parts:
  • Ryzen 3200G with 3200G CPU cooler
  • Tomahawk B450
  • Vengeance LPX (a pair of 8gb) Ram 3000mhz (16gb total)
  • EVGA 600B
  • Samsung 860 evo
  • xfx RX 560 4gb
  • Wifi/Bluetooth PCIE Card: Ubit WIE9260

• Bios updated
  • No Overclock
  • BIOS settings default

After putting in the new Samsung evo 860 500gb with new Windows 10 OS, I started getting the Timeout Watchdog Clock blue screen during installing AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 driver for my GPU, and during installing Fornite, pretty much any quite large games. But, without those two installations I still get random Timeout Watchdog Clock occasionally, for sure it occurs mostly during installing GPU driver and gaming. Windows Update updates terrific, all updated! However,,,,Luckily I was able to installed the GPU driver and Fortnite somehow. I thought it was my video card and corrupted Windows OS and outdated bios. Then I updated bios. I tried using motherboard onboard graphic card, tried with different video cards, and fresh Windows Pro to Windows Home, I still got the WatchDog blue screen. I tried swapping Vengeance LPX rams, still getting blue screen. I tried different hard drives with fresh OS, still getting blue screen. I’ll leave the PC on overnight with no programs running..only on desktop screen, I’ll get no Watchdog blue screen. It seems to be occurring during using photoshop, or surfing the web, or Fortnite, or at least some kind of program is running.

At this point, I’m assuming 80% might be a bad CPU, 15% might be a bad motherboard, 5% might be a bad PSU. (I will be swapping out PSU soon)
I have read many solutions and reasons why Timeout Watchdog Clock occurs. But I think swapping out components is probably a great way to determined hardware issues. I just don’t have a CPU or mobo to do a complete swap-out.

I did a CPU stress test for one hour using software: Prime95. I didn’t complete the test, but every test passed.

Last night I removed my Wifi/Bluetooth card and I no longer getting the blue screen Watchdog anymore. INSTEAD, my monitor would just go into a black screen randomly, then I have to do a force shutdown just like how I would to the Timeout Watchdog Clock.

Anyone with suggestions and solutions, please help. Thanks.

lAKD0Df.jpg

pMYR2wV.jpg

8Ij1TqR.jpg

Solution
Here’s the update....

After I put in a new CR2032 battery on the motherboard (cmos), the issue solved. The blue screen never came back and now running like a champ. I was going to buy a new CPU but not anymore. Take it from my experience. Thanks guys.
Hello

I was wondering if you tried using some basic commands to check if everything is OK with the memory and system files?

You can run MDSCHED.EXE to check and fix memory issues, and SFC /SCANNOW to check for any errors in the system files. Please make sure to run CMD as Administrator to execute these commands.

Some people suggest that restoring BIOS to factory defaults does the trick.

You may also want to try installing an earlier version of the graphics driver if the most recent one is causing any trouble.

Feel free to report back if none of the above solutions work, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Hello

I was wondering if you tried using some basic commands to check if everything is OK with the memory and system files?

You can run MDSCHED.EXE to check and fix memory issues, and SFC /SCANNOW to check for any errors in the system files. Please make sure to run CMD as Administrator to execute these commands.

Some people suggest that restoring BIOS to factory defaults does the trick.

You may also want to try installing an earlier version of the graphics driver if the most recent one is causing any trouble.

Feel free to report back if none of the above solutions work, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Yes I’ve tried most things youtube suggested. I tried the CMD MDSCHED.EXE. I tried defaul bios settings. I still get the bsod without running any video card. I tried with fresh windows 10 from Pro to Enterprise. I swapped rams, video cards, hard drives, still getting Timeout Watchout Clock. Does this sound like a PSU, Motherboard, or CPU issue? These are the three components I haven’t swapped.

Thanks for replying to my post by the way.

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
You say this started with the install of a new Samsung evo 860 500gb. Did you use a different drive previously? Have you tried using a different ssd/hdd?

I had a Samsung evo 860 120gb. It was running fine until I booted in the Samsung evo 860 500gb, then I started experiencing the bsod. But, I also tried using a HDD and still experiencing the bsod. So I’m almost 100% positive it could not be a hard drive issue. It has to be a bad PSU, CPU or motherboard because these three components haven’t been swapped and tested.

The bsod still occurs with different Rams and gpu and hard drive.

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Yeah I just thought of that now that you brought this up. The PC boots up fine. It’ll randomly go into bsod while surfing the web or playing Fortnite or watching youtube. For sure I’ll try the 120gb later.

Last edited:

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Here’s the update....

After I put in a new CR2032 battery on the motherboard (cmos), the issue solved. The blue screen never came back and now running like a champ. I was going to buy a new CPU but not anymore. Take it from my experience. Thanks guys.

Solution