[SOLVED] Streaming help, Elgato and windows

May 20, 2020
Hi there.
Apologies if this come to the wrong place, but I'm about purchase a Elgato GameCapture HD. As they aren't the cheapest things I want to make sure what I have will run everything ok.

I have Windows 10 tower with a i5-2400 6gb ram and Intel HD built in graphics.

I'm playing games from my xbox and would be using my PC solely for streaming, would my PC specs be able to handle the 720 60fps stream?

thank you.

Solution
The HD60 PRO is the only one that has hardware encoding and will not put a big load on your system.
The other ones will use your CPU and might cause some issues although 720/60 shouldn't be a huge issue,they can also use GPUs that have hardware acceleration on your PC but your CPU isn't new enough to be used.

You can get one of the cheaper elgatos and a GTX 650ti(not the older ones they incorporated this later on) or newer GPU if that comes out cheaper for you.

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/ar...gato-Game-Capture-HD60-S-System-Requirements-
"These specific graphic cards have dedicated chips allowing hardware video encoding. They use technologies called Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV), NVIDIA...
The HD60 PRO is the only one that has hardware encoding and will not put a big load on your system.
The other ones will use your CPU and might cause some issues although 720/60 shouldn't be a huge issue,they can also use GPUs that have hardware acceleration on your PC but your CPU isn't new enough to be used.

You can get one of the cheaper elgatos and a GTX 650ti(not the older ones they incorporated this later on) or newer GPU if that comes out cheaper for you.

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/ar...gato-Game-Capture-HD60-S-System-Requirements-
"These specific graphic cards have dedicated chips allowing hardware video encoding. They use technologies called Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV), NVIDIA NVENC and AMD VCE, respectively. "

Solution
May 20, 2020
Ive been offered the elgato game captureHD for a good price which is why I'm asking really, I sue the xbox companion app on my xbox to currently get the game capture from, but its not as good as I want it obviously.

I know my pc isn't the best but I just don't want to be lumping a ton of cash into it for it to just be used to stream with aha was hoping the elgato would ease up on the little bit of lag I get on the game capture