Question Streaming

tyleru19

Honorable
Mar 24, 2017
When trying to stream I start lagging a bit, it may be frames dropped. I stream call of duty. I also use my msi dragon center app to overclock for gaming. Auto OC. My cpu is at 100% which I would assume is normal maybe since I’m over clocked. I run a 2060 super. Intel i5 9600k. And 8gbs Ram. I’m leaning more towards adding another 8gbs of Ram, but I’m only hoping that is the reason since it’s cheaper than buying a new mobo and cpu. Any thoughts?

tyleru19

Honorable
Mar 24, 2017
When trying to stream I start lagging a bit, it may be frames dropped. I stream call of duty. I also use my msi dragon center app to overclock for gaming. Auto OC. My cpu is at 100% which I would assume is normal maybe since I’m over clocked. I run a 2060 super. Intel i5 9600k. And 8gbs Ram. I’m leaning more towards adding another 8gbs of Ram, but I’m only hoping that is the reason since it’s cheaper than buying a new mobo and cpu. Any thoughts?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please list the specs to your existing build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

From the 3 pieces of info you've added, I'm assuming you're going to need to look into an i7, at the very least with either a 16GB kit or a little more ram. What platform are you streaming on and what sort of titles are you streaming?

Thumb rule, if you plan on streaming and gaming off the same system, you will need anything above an i5, meaning an i7(at the very least), and a baseline of 16GB. For your platofrm you should ideally be looking at DDR4-3200MHz rams to hit that sweet spot of the processor.

When you say lagging what do you mean, because dropped frames refers to the captured video or the stream while lagging refers to the game itself.

If you use the iGPU to do the streaming you should not have any lag within the game, the only thing you need to make it work is to connect the mobo to any monitor, it could even be a second input on your current monitor.

If you use geforce you have to use task manager to put nvcontainer.exe to real-time priority otherwise windows doesn't pay enough attention to the encoder.

tyleru19

Honorable
Mar 24, 2017
CPU: Intel i5 9600k
Motherboard: msi mpg z390 gaming pro carbon ac
Ram: 8gb Corsair ( not sure the mhz I’m out of town) I believe 3600mhz
SSD/HDD: I have a 500gb ssd Samsung and a 1tb m.2 that I have my games on
GPU: 2060 super
PSU: sea sonic focus gx 750
Chassis: Corsair carbide series air 540
Monitor: acer nitro x v2 27inch

From the 3 pieces of info you've added, I'm assuming you're going to need to look into an i7, at the very least with either a 16GB kit or a little more ram. What platform are you streaming on and what sort of titles are you streaming?
I have used twitch studios and obs/ only streaming call of duty.

Thumb rule, if you plan on streaming and gaming off the same system, you will need anything above an i5, meaning an i7(at the very least), and a baseline of 16GB. For your platofrm you should ideally be looking at DDR4-3200MHz rams to hit that sweet spot of the processor.
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

tyleru19

Honorable
Mar 24, 2017
When you say lagging what do you mean, because dropped frames refers to the captured video or the stream while lagging refers to the game itself.

If you use the iGPU to do the streaming you should not have any lag within the game, the only thing you need to make it work is to connect the mobo to any monitor, it could even be a second input on your current monitor.

If you use geforce you have to use task manager to put nvcontainer.exe to real-time priority otherwise windows doesn't pay enough attention to the encoder.
Yea I’m not to sure if it’s frame drop or what. But I definitely have a problem moving. It’s very slow and takes me a while. It feels sluggish and stutters. I’ve reinstalled msi dragon center and it updated. I had 0 issues while gaming for a day. Now I’m back to first 3 games I lag a bit. Then it catches up. And that’s with not streaming. Streaming makes it worse.

Zero_

Distinguished
What software are you using to stream? OBS has an option (NVENC) where you can encode using your GPU instead of CPU, taking the load off your CPU. I've set up PCs with even 9th Gen i3s streaming smoothly using this method. Might be worth checking out.

Also, 16GB RAM is kinda a minimum for streaming.

Reactions: tyleru19

TRENDING THREADS