[SOLVED] StreamlabsOBS - why does my stream look laggy to my viewers?

Oct 19, 2020
Hello! I recently built a new PC and whenever I downloaded StreamlabsOBS I couldn’t stop dropping frames to my stream! I’ve changed just about every setting in streamlabs I possibly can, and I need help!

PC Specs
Ryzen 9 3900x
RTX 2070 Super
Asus Prime X570 Pro motherboard
NZXT Kraken z63 cooler

I stream at 1920x1080 at 60FPS with a 5K Bitrate. Twitch Creator Dashboard says I have Excellent quality but the game looks so choppy on the playback that it’s unbearable to watch. I maintain 45- 55 ping in every game I play while streaming. I’ve tried running as administrator, x264, NVENC, NVENC NEW, dropping resolution down to 1280x720
And mix matching the Encoder presets, and even changing the program entirely and trying stream elements and doing all of the above over there and I still have the same problem! Hopefully this is enough information! Thank you for the help

Solution
As a user it is your responsibility to tell the OS how to treat software, by default the thing running in the foreground, your game, will run at a high priority getting all the resources it needs and the streaming will only get the leftovers.

Start with going to OBS advanced settings and change the priority to the highest possible.If that's not enough you can go to task manager and change the priority for nvenc to real-time, it's called nvcontainer.exe put that to real-time and the stream should be super smooth as long as your CPU can keep the game running smoothly.Do not put x264 on real-time since that can use up a big chunk of your CPU and cause it to become unresponsive.
As a user it is your responsibility to tell the OS how to treat software, by default the thing running in the foreground, your game, will run at a high priority getting all the resources it needs and the streaming will only get the leftovers.

Start with going to OBS advanced settings and change the priority to the highest possible.If that's not enough you can go to task manager and change the priority for nvenc to real-time, it's called nvcontainer.exe put that to real-time and the stream should be super smooth as long as your CPU can keep the game running smoothly.Do not put x264 on real-time since that can use up a big chunk of your CPU and cause it to become unresponsive.

Solution