STRIX Z370-F and Kraken X62 Fan Hook Up Question (AIO_PUMP or CPU_FAN)

May 29, 2018
Hi,sorry for my bad grammar, my main language is not English. i want to build my first pc by my own. i will buy asus rog strix z370 f- gaming and NZXT Kraken x62.
mobo has CPU_FAN,CPU_OPT,AIO_PUMP headers.
NZXT includes a splitter fan cable that connects to the Kraken and offers 4 headers.
so i got 2 options(correct me if im wrong):
1) Follow the NZXT manual. connect the 3 pin pump cable to CPU_FAN,and connect 2 radiator fans to splitter. in this way i cant control the fans and pump in BIOS,I will have to install the CAM software to control the fans and pump speed and they will be independent of the fan controls that i will use for my chassis fans inside the UEFI/BIOS.
2) follow the asus mobo manual. connect the 3pin pump cable to AIO_PUMP and connect 2 rad fans to CPU_FAN,CPU_OPT. in this way i can fully control the fans in inside the UEFI /BIOS ,but the pump will be running at full speed (100%),and i cant control pump speed inside the UEFI/BIOS,even via CAM?

Can you tell me,which option is better? what do you suggest?
With respect
- David

May 11, 2018
Basically both options work. You can either connect the two fans into the splitter and plug everything into CPU_OPT, you will then need to connect the additional usb cable to your MOBO. After that install the software and you can control everything.
SECOND OPTION. You connect your pump (3 pin cable) into AIO_PUMP and plug your two fans into CPU_FAN1 and CPU_OPT. This will allow you to control your fans but not your AIO. BUT your pump should be running at 100% as it really wont make a difference and shouldn't be loud at all.
I have the h100i v2 and I connected everything to the PUMP MANUAL. Meaning option 1. I control everything by using the software.