Question Struggling with SLI Setup on GTX 3080 - Need Advice!

Aug 29, 2023
I'm facing a bit of a challenge with my rig and I could really use some advice from those of you who have experience with SLI or CrossFire setups. I've recently upgraded my system to include dual GTX 3080 GPUs in an SLI configuration, thinking it would give me a Managing nexus Iceland Web account Work Schedules for retail Staff, electronic payslips in HR, Competitive Pay packages significant boost in gaming performance. However, I seem to be encountering some unexpected bottlenecks that are preventing me from fully enjoying the power of this setup.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm facing a bit of a challenge with my rig and I could really use some advice from those of you who have experience with SLI or CrossFire setups. I've recently upgraded my system to include dual GTX 3080 GPUs in an SLI configuration, thinking it would give me a significant boost in gaming performance. However, I seem to be encountering some unexpected bottlenecks that are preventing me from fully enjoying the power of this setup.

A 3080 doesn't support SLI, so I'm not sure how you'd even have it functional in the first place.

SLI/Crossfire have been dead for years and were approaching dead for a long time before that. These solutions were rarely good even when they were plausible solutions, and that was back around a decade ago.

Reactions: geofelt
The last time that I was able to successfully use Crossfire was with my twin HD 7970s back in 2015/2016. Technically, my R9 Furies supported it but no games did so it was useless unless I wanted to see some insane 3DMark scores. :ROFLMAO:

For your sake, I hope that you didn't spend much on those 10GB cards for nothing.