[SOLVED] stuck at formatting in disk management.

May 14, 2021
hi, newbie here. just wanna ask something..
i tried to reformat my internal hdd and then its stuck on formatting in disk management.
should i cancel or not?
because it's been like this since i tried to format it.

https://i.postimg.cc/4dFyX7TG/321.png
here's the image of disk management.

thanks for the help

Solution
1 TB will take many, many hours at the typical average write speeds of 60-70 MB/sec/.....(do not expect benchmark speeds of 140-150 MB/sec during complete long formats)

I'd give it overnight (8 hours) before giving up.... (realize that if it was having actual problems, and these problems led to the deletion of partitions and recreation of a single partition, formatting, that this reformat might simply manifest as showing the problems again...
hi, newbie here. just wanna ask something..
i tried to reformat my internal hdd and then its stuck on formatting in disk management.
should i cancel or not?
because it's been like this since i tried to format it.

https://i.postimg.cc/4dFyX7TG/321.png
here's the image of disk management.

thanks for the help
If you selected the long format on a 1TB disk that can take a long time.
If you selected the quick format on a disk that's busted it might just hang.

1 TB will take many, many hours at the typical average write speeds of 60-70 MB/sec/.....(do not expect benchmark speeds of 140-150 MB/sec during complete long formats)

I'd give it overnight (8 hours) before giving up.... (realize that if it was having actual problems, and these problems led to the deletion of partitions and recreation of a single partition, formatting, that this reformat might simply manifest as showing the problems again...

Solution
i tried formatting it w/o using the quick format.
how long does it take?
If the drive is healthy and connected internally with sata cables, then full format should take ~3-4h.

I'd cancel format and do quick format instead.
Reboot;​
Clean the drive using diskpart;​
Perform quick format;​
Check drive SMART data. Use HDtune health, post screenshot (upload to imgur.com and post link).​