[SOLVED] Stuck on Asus loading screen (recurring)

carbonr

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2012
So I have been living with an annoying problem for a while now and I thought I would ask here about how to fix it for good. My laptop has a weird quirk where if I choose "restart" on the windows power menu the computer will hang on the Asus screen with no spinning circles (when I see this I know it's going to hang there indefinitely).

I have always gotten around this issue by simply tapping the power button to turn off the laptop, then tapping it again to turn it back on where I will immediately see the Asus screen now with the spinning circles showing me that the system is now loading properly.

I have been living with this annoyance for like 3 years now and I'm hoping there is a simple solution out there that will make me feel silly for doing so.

Solution
9 times out of 10 these issues can be fixed by installing the latest BIOS update and making sure all the chipset and IME drivers are up to date. You will need to find your laptop's exact model number and find the driver page for that laptop on the Asus support site. This is also where you get the BIOS update.
So I have been living with an annoying problem for a while now and I thought I would ask here about how to fix it for good. My laptop has a weird quirk where if I choose "restart" on the windows power menu the computer will hang on the Asus screen with no spinning circles (when I see this I know it's going to hang there indefinitely).

I have always gotten around this issue by simply tapping the power button to turn off the laptop, then tapping it again to turn it back on where I will immediately see the Asus screen now with the spinning circles showing me that the system is now loading properly.

I have been living with this annoyance for like 3 years now and I'm hoping there is a simple solution out there that will make me feel silly for doing so.
Full laptop speccs "model as well

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
9 times out of 10 these issues can be fixed by installing the latest BIOS update and making sure all the chipset and IME drivers are up to date. You will need to find your laptop's exact model number and find the driver page for that laptop on the Asus support site. This is also where you get the BIOS update.

Solution

carbonr

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2012

You are right, did a BIOS update and that fixed it. I was sort of afraid to touch my BIOS in fear of bricking my laptop but it was a very painless process. Thanks for the suggestion.

TRENDING THREADS