[SOLVED] Stuck with PBO not working.

yugiboy

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2012
Alright here is my issue and I am hoping some here have an answer. I have just got a 5950X installed into my TUF x570 wifi and PBO will not work and I mean at all. The clocks are getting stuck at 3959-3999Mhz on all cores. I have reset bios, updated bios, enabled Fmax and PBO, in all locations in bios together and independently. I have touched nothing. I have pulled the battery shorted the clear CMOS pins, rolled back the bios you name it I have probably done it. here is the fun part, I can manually overclock it to 4.7Ghz on all cores stable at 1.31v and on the 3700X that was in the system just before I popped the 5950x into it, PBO was working perfectly. so here are the basic system specs: CPU 5950x, GPU TUF 3070, Motherboard TUF x570 wifi, RAM 64GB Gskill NEO CL16, NVME main drive, many other drives, Corsair 850W PSU, Bios version 3603, The system is Watercooled with an EK velocity CPU block, Kryonaut Paste and 2x280mm Radiators with all Noctua 140mm fans(chromax) New EKWB DDC pump, Temps never get over 54c. I am at a loss as to why I am not seeing any core go over 4Ghz no matter what I do other than manually OC it. ANY ideas or help would be great. I am not new to this ecosystem as I have had a 1700 in a Crosshair6 for years and then a 3700x as well but for the life of me, I am stumped.

Last edited:
Solution
I am using HWinfo and ryzen master for monitoring, I am using all the normal Benchmark software and yeah all the power save options are off and windows is set to high performance. I have PC mark, Heaven, superpostion, blender, 3d Mark, and a few others. but even when gaming it will not boost above 3999Mhz on a single core.
You are on the latest power plan and chipset drivers from the AMD website right? All 4/8 pin CPU connectors connected (shouldn't matter but who knows at this point)? What other BIOS versions have you tried? Have you checked for any obvious leaks around the CPU block (long shot)? WHat is your typical background usage of the CPU? Try to only use 1 monitoring software at a time.
Coming from an early adopter of a 3900x and an ASUS x570-f board I can say with all certainty that ASUS sucks at making BIOS updates that actually work, but they should be fine now. What are you using to monitor clock speeds? Have to tested clocks under load? Are you sure you have turned off all power saving options in BIOS?

yugiboy

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2012
Coming from an early adopter of a 3900x and an ASUS x570-f board I can say with all certainty that ASUS sucks at making BIOS updates that actually work, but they should be fine now. What are you using to monitor clock speeds? Have to tested clocks under load? Are you sure you have turned off all power saving options in BIOS?
I am using HWinfo and ryzen master for monitoring, I am using all the normal Benchmark software and yeah all the power save options are off and windows is set to high performance. I have PC mark, Heaven, superpostion, blender, 3d Mark, and a few others. but even when gaming it will not boost above 3999Mhz on a single core.

You are on the latest power plan and chipset drivers from the AMD website right? All 4/8 pin CPU connectors connected (shouldn't matter but who knows at this point)? What other BIOS versions have you tried? Have you checked for any obvious leaks around the CPU block (long shot)? WHat is your typical background usage of the CPU? Try to only use 1 monitoring software at a time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS