[SOLVED] Stuttering 165hz display?

Aug 9, 2021
Recently switched from an HDMI 120Hz output to DisplayPort 165Hz output. However, when i select the 165Hz option in Nvidia control Panel, the display starts stuttering(There is Vsync, so I don't know why there is still stuttering). So even with the Displayport, the max I can go to is 144hz . I have a laptop with a built in 144hz display... can this be the reason to why it can't output more than 144hz to the monitor?

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
HDMI port's quality mostly depends on the female headers at both end. Display port however is almost entirely driven by the cable itself. It's best practice to get no longer than 1 meter cable because quality will degrade beyond that point. Try changing the cable and see out the results. One more thing about Display port is you have to get one that has pin 20 blocked. Otherwise it can short and kill your gpu. Make sure the pin 20 thing even your system works perfectly. It can damage hardware.

Reactions: Krotow
Aug 9, 2021
HDMI port's quality mostly depends on the female headers at both end. Display port however is almost entirely driven by the cable itself. It's best practice to get no longer than 1 meter cable because quality will degrade beyond that point. Try changing the cable and see out the results. One more thing about Display port is you have to get one that has pin 20 blocked. Otherwise it can short and kill your gpu. Make sure the pin 20 thing even your system works perfectly. It can damage hardware.

I just recently bought a USB C 3.1( male) to DisplayPort (female) adapter. Could the issue lie in this adapter? The length of the cable is 1m.