[SOLVED] Stuttering after GPU upgrade ?

May 30, 2022
Good morning guys! I need your help. I'm exhausting of finding a solutions to fix my annoying problem.
I am ukrainian CS:GO semi-pro player and i need to have a consistent and stable fps inside the game.. My country has low economy, so every peripheral bought hardly .... sorry for that nvmI will try to describe my problem properly.

Tomorrow i upgraded my GPU to increase a fps to make my game play faster.
The upgrade was from Asus 1060 3gb(6-pin) GDDR5 to Gigabyte 2060 6gb GDDR6.
Problem : when im playing game i see a microstutters every single minute... they are random.. fps is stable, pretty good, but that spikes and stutters are not normal, cant handle it..

My specs are :

Gigabyte 2060 6gb
I7-9700
MSI H-310 PRO-VDH Plus
16gb ddr4 Hyperx Fury 2666MHZ
PSU: Aerocool vx-600 plus (600W)
SSD Kingston 128 gb
monitor Dell 144hz DP linked with gpu

Note that before upgrading everything was fine except fps. I mean no stutters no spikes, but the reason forupgrading was cause of unstable fps inside the game action.
My thoughts are that my psu is not that good, it's a noname psu and watts are not enough for that setup. maybe its a memory conflict.. i dont know. I just trying to find a solution to spend less money...

GPU temps are fine at 50-60
CPU is working fine too.

I tried:

• any tips with steam overlay,
  • full screen optimisations,
  • tried different power options,
  • disabled c-states,
  • tried xmp,
  • ddu driver uninstaller

but nothing helped.

Guys i would be very appreciated if u help me, God bless you

Solution

My thoughts are that my psu is not that good, it's a noname psu and watts are not enough for that setup.

Greetings, and Welcome !

You have actually answered your own question. That AEROCOOL PSU might definitely be the culprit here. Don't use this cheap low-end Tier unit to power up a powerful card like the RTX 2060. Wattage number alone does not always confirm if any PSU model is good or not, because the most important thing is build QUALITY of the PSU model.

I don't recommend using Aeroccol PSUs for high-end discrete GPU gaming rigs. Except for 1 model, I don't seem to recall any good Model from Aerocool.

Try to upgrade the current PSU, and get a HIGH quality model/unit. These PSU...

My thoughts are that my psu is not that good, it's a noname psu and watts are not enough for that setup.

Greetings, and Welcome !

You have actually answered your own question. That AEROCOOL PSU might definitely be the culprit here. Don't use this cheap low-end Tier unit to power up a powerful card like the RTX 2060. Wattage number alone does not always confirm if any PSU model is good or not, because the most important thing is build QUALITY of the PSU model.

I don't recommend using Aeroccol PSUs for high-end discrete GPU gaming rigs. Except for 1 model, I don't seem to recall any good Model from Aerocool.

Try to upgrade the current PSU, and get a HIGH quality model/unit. These PSU models are mostly recommended for iGPU systems, and not some high-end discrete GPU. Stop powering the card using this power supply. Since PSU is the MOST important PC component, we shouldn't skimp at all, or make any compromises.

I would definitely not recommend to power up the RTX 2060 using the above Aerocool PSU model. This is especially true if you're currently using an underpowered or aging PSU; not having enough power will usually lead to overall system instability and game crashes.

Last edited:
Solution
May 30, 2022
Greetings, and Welcome !

Try to upgrade the current PSU, and get a HIGH quality model/unit. These PSU models are mostly recommended for iGPU systems, and not some high-end discrete GPU. Stop powering the card using this power supply. Since PSU is the MOST important PC component, we shouldn't skimp at all, or make any compromises.

I would definitely not recommend to power up the RTX 2060 using the above Aerocool PSU model. This is especially true if you're currently using an underpowered or aging PSU; not having enough power will usually lead to overall system instability and game crashes.
Cheers!
i really appreciate it, i try out.
if it helps - i will reply anyway! ♥

May 30, 2022
Yeah, sure. Thanks. Just get a reputed PSU brand's Model, which is also of high quality. The following links might help.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...pply-discussion-thread-toms-hardware.3212332/
my friend just gave me corsair bronze sertified one.
problem doesn't flew away, but stutters are minimized now, seems like it is the game problem..
feels better a little, but i don't know, anyway - you helped me a lot
God bless you! Thank you for answering:))

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
No issues. You are always welcome. We are here to help you guys as much as possible. If there are any more queries, then feel free to ask. A lot of knowledgeable community members, old timers, Mods, are here to help.

So which GAME are you playing btw ? CS:GO or some other title ? Is the game still stuttering ?

May 30, 2022
No issues. You are always welcome. We are here to help you guys as much as possible. If there are any more queries, then feel free to ask. A lot of knowledgeable community members, old timers, Mods, are here to help.

So which GAME are you playing btw ? CS:GO or some other title ? Is the game still stuttering ?
I am playing fifa and csgo only:p
just because its a part of my money earning, so it takes a lot of time...
the game doesn't stutter anymore, but sometimes i feel some delay with my mouse, but it is a different problem:D
i've never played cs properly without lags . I cant even imagine what is this "smooth" what pro's talking about haha
so anyway - if i bought a new gpu or cpu or psu, anyway - i won't play clean and smooth game , its a CSGO