Helicrom

Commendable
Dec 14, 2019
Hello everyone! I've been having this issue for a while and i upgraded many things meanwhile but no difference.
I have only few games: CS GO, Dota2, COD Warzone and Fortnite and i've the stutters in all of them. I play at 1080p at LOW/competitive settings !
  • Fresh installed OS, latest drivers on everything + BIOS, DDU, Game mode on/off, xbox off, power mode on High performance and some CMD settings.
  • Brand new PSU, tried another GPU, cables, monitor, malware scan, adwcleaner, memtest86, memory diagnostic tool, cinebench 15.
My temps are good like around 55C cpu in and 60-70C gpu in games. So its not overheating for sure, my OS in on m2 ssd with lots of free room.
Stock or with OC there is no diffence with this microsttuters that im getting randomly.
It has to be RAM/MOBO or CPU issue but i dont know which one it is causing the microsttuters in games...
All my parts are new or few months old with warranty all though i've crashed my pc many times from overclocking it before and might have caused this issue.
HERE is little benchmark test from this site - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35541602

● CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (4200 OC / 1.4V) + Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo
● GPU: Gigabyte RX 580 8GB (1450/2250 OC) + 50%PW + 100mV
● RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3000 16 GB CL15 (2 x 8 GB) 3466MHz (OC)
● MOBO: Gigabyte b450 Aorus M + F51 (latest bios)
● Adata XPG SX6000 Pro 256GB M.2 PCIe (OS) + SSD Kingston A400 120gb + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200
● PSU: Corsair TX750M 750W + 80 Gold
● OS: Copy of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (latest)
● AMD DRIVER: 20.11.1 (latest version)
● MONITOR: AOC C24G1 144hz with Freesync
●Case: Zalman N5 MF

Helicrom

Commendable
Dec 14, 2019
So you have removed overclocks via going into bios settings and going to system and restoring system defaults.
you are using display-port cable from gpu to monitor.
Its not software issue or from the overclocks. Last night i installed new OS and ran CS GO on everything stock and still stuttering.
Yes im using the DP cable from gpu to monitor and have also tried hdmi and im running at 144hz refresh rate. I went to a friend house and tried his cables, monitor and his GPU and it was the same stuttering.
The issue is probably in my hardware and after trying memtest with 0 errors i think its CPU/MOBO issue.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
this kind of issue can happen if a component or driver goes bad.

could be something like the audio/LAN/gpu/motherboard.

a bit hard to test but you can try to disable all of the hardware and most options on the motherboard (pbo oc, lan , audio , etc) and test again by activating one thing at the time.

do you have another gpu you can borrow for tests ?

as for your ram, are you running it at xmp settings ? try to enforce "1T"mode isntead of 2T too

HPET disabled in the bios ?

chipset drivers installed and "ryzen balanced" mode selected ?

did you installed an antivirus ? if so you can try by desinstalling it while you are testing. it's a new OS you installed for testing anyways.
Kaspersky 2020 was horrible on my pc and I changed for bitdefender.

Stuttering is usually caused by a temporary lack of cpu capability.
Since you see no difference with or without the overclock, the cpu is not likely the cause.

Another possibility if your game is on the HDD is a delay when loading graphics components or doing game checkpoints.

Helicrom

Commendable
Dec 14, 2019
this kind of issue can happen if a component or driver goes bad.

could be something like the audio/LAN/gpu/motherboard.

a bit hard to test but you can try to disable all of the hardware and most options on the motherboard (pbo oc, lan , audio , etc) and test again by activating one thing at the time.

do you have another gpu you can borrow for tests ?

as for your ram, are you running it at xmp settings ? try to enforce "1T"mode isntead of 2T too

HPET disabled in the bios ?

chipset drivers installed and "ryzen balanced" mode selected ?

did you installed an antivirus ? if so you can try by desinstalling it while you are testing. it's a new OS you installed for testing anyways.
Kaspersky 2020 was horrible on my pc and I changed for bitdefender.
With latest drivers on everything and with only gpu drivers now after the new os there is no difference.
I've tried my pc in my friend's house with his GPU and its the same, so its not gpu issue.
I've tried the ram on stock speed and XMP 1 profile (ran memtest no errors) and also on 3466 OC, no difference in stutters.
Havent tried to enforce 1t or 2t, not sure what that is.
I tried just now with HPET disabled and its the same.

Helicrom

Commendable
Dec 14, 2019
Stuttering is usually caused by a temporary lack of cpu capability.
Since you see no difference with or without the overclock, the cpu is not likely the cause.

Another possibility if your game is on the HDD is a delay when loading graphics components or doing game checkpoints.
The only difference i see with OC is higher fps..
I've tried installing CS GO on my 120gb ssd (80gb free after now) and its still sttutering and my OS is on my other ssd m2 with lots of free room.
My both ssd and hdd have almost 100% health so im pretty sure its not hdd/ssd issue.

Helicrom

Commendable
Dec 14, 2019
Guys i also forgot to mention even tho im using 144hz monitor with freesync + rx 580 8gb which has freesync as well, for example in cs go which is fps game my game should run perfectly smooth when i've over 144 fps but i've noticed sometimes when my fps drops to 150-200 it looks bad and not smooth at all. My avg fps is around 250 and i get even 400 at some points. Also in dota 2 when there is huge fight and fps is around 100 it looks like trash....