Question Stuttering happening since rebooting

Tourqe

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Ive been having a stuttering problem all day on my pc. It started with crackaling audio after picking up my headset so after turning the cables i decided to restart the pc. After this all day ive had stuttering problems every 3-5 seconds no matter what is open. Ive had this problem before and fixed it by updating windows and gpu drivers however this time it seems to not have fixed it.
Ive had game bar xbox app and all the usual culprits disabled for a long time before this
I have tried rebooting several times.
Rolling back and trying new drivers even using ddu
Rolling back windows and updating windows
Restoring windows to factory defult
Error checking the hdd
It just always seems to stutter but it was fine before today

Pc specs: i3 6100
8gb corsair vengence ram
Asus gtx960
Corsair 750x psu
Gigabyte z170-hd3p mobo
Windows 10
Anyone have any ideas. Ive tried most recommendations all through the day and it just wont work

Also now realised my ram is being massivley cached while having nothing open Running 1 chrome tab it says it has 5GB cached

Last edited:

Tourqe

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Trying one last clean wipe of the system. Ive been trying to fix this for almost 11 hours at this point and ive reached the point where i have no idea what it could be

Tourqe

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
this issue seems to be a problem with nvidia and windows as using the onboard graphics i have no stutters that are visible and everything seems fine. Any idea what could be causing windows and nvidia to not cooperate?