CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
So I used to play on a system with an i7-2600k and a gtx 1050ti. I had stuttering in game and I tried so many things. I built a pc back in Janurary and only got a hold on a card until yesterday. My specs are ryzen 3 3200g, 8 gb ram (dual channel), gtx 1060 3gb, 500 ssd, and a320 s2h gigabyte motherboard. I thought i wouldn't get any more stuttering in games but i get it in the same titles i used to play. This includes Battlefield V and Fortnite. It's super annoying and I need help. I get rapid frame drops that cause a stutter and then revert.

Lutfij

Titan
When parsing specs to your build, you're advised to list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the version for your OS, assuming you're on Windows 10. Version of BIOS for your motherboard? With all due respect, the GTX1060 3GB and the GTX 1050Ti 4GB are pretty much the same, just a minor difference in gaming performance. If you went with the GTX1060 6GB, that would've been a step up above the GTX1050Ti(assuming you had the 4GB version).

Last edited:

CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g
Motherboard: Gigabyte a320m s2h
Ram: 8gb 3000 mhz dual channel (4x2)
SSD: 500 gb
GPU: 1060 3gb
PSU: 500 watt aresgame
All parts have newest drivers installed

CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Here are my specs:
ryzen 3 3200g 3.8ghz
gigabyte a320m s2h
8gb dual channel (4x2) 3000 mhz ddr4 ram
gtx 1060 3gb
win 10 pro 64bit

I've had these stuttering issues in 2 games that have really been bugging me recently. I played apex legends which ran smooth as butter and also had a very consistent gpu usage. Csgo also ran pretty smooth after I turned on the uber shaders. 2 of my around 10 games I have installed started stuttering- Battlefield 5 and Fortnite. Battlefield 5 had a pretty high gpu usage because it's a demanding game but I would see the usage spike downwards about 10 percent and a stutter would occur. I'm assuming it's doing this because I only have 8gb of ram but Fortnite has the same issue (actually even worse!) Fortnite would have a usage that would fluctuate everywhere, causing stutters which makes the game unenjoyable. I have dual channel so it can't be that, and it's not the graphics card because my old computer with completley different parts had the same issue on these two games. I wonder if its the heating but every time I check through the task manager the temps are normal! I just want a fix so I can start enjoying these games again. My other games fluctuate a bit when it comes to usage but not enough to make the framerate go bonkers. Anyways I hope I get some help and fix this problem.

CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Here are my specs:
Ryzen 3 3200g (integrated disabled) 3.8 ghz
sinba ddr4 3000 mhz 8gb ram (4x2 dual channel)
500 gb sata ssd
gtx 1060 3gb
500 watt power supply
gigabyte a320m s2h motherboard

So I built this computer back in January and installed a graphics card recently to play games. I thought my games would run smooth, but they plainly don't. I get stutters in battlefield V and Fortnite. They are really bad. I thought my gpu was thermal throttling at first but I put my fan speed to 90 percent and the problem didn't go away. I then disabled game mode. That didn't work either.
My stutters are odd. Everytime it stutters, the gpu usage spikes downward by about 15 percent on some games like apex legends and valorant but 50 percent on Fortnite and battlefield. The frametime also goes up. Some people would say its my ram but most of these games are supposed to run fine with only 8gb. I don't know what the problem is!!! I don't think its a bottleneck either because in most games my gpu usage is up to my cpu in usage until it dips and stutters.

So here are my questions for you:
  1. Would g sync help with these frame drop stutters (I have a 144 hz monitor that supports g sync I just use an hdmi cable 2.0)
  2. Are there any solutions to this frame drop gpu stutter?
  3. If this is driver related how am I supposed to download drivers? I usually just start up windows and download geforce experience. (Because if drivers are the case, I'll probably just reinstall windows.)
  4. Is there anything I'm missing? I feel a micro stutter in my games and a big stutter in BFV and Fortnite. Am I just dumb or something? I had this exact problem on my other computer (i7 2600k 3.8ghz, 1666 ddr3 4x2 dual channel ram, 1050ti 500gb ssd). Are the nvidia drivers for the 1050ti and 1060 broken? I don't have money to buy new parts and I just need a fix. I'll put an example of the frame time framerate drop stutter in the thumbnail. Hopefully I get a response.