Question Stuttering when gaming ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
I have a problem with my pc.Its stutter every time i see something new in a game and dont stutter anymore until i restart the pc.Then again the same.Like for example Witcher 3.It's stutter while i go throw Novigrad And when i do it again it wont.Some games like FORTNITE are unplayable.When the problem occur on the GPU usage,core clock,power draw and voltage goes down and because of that it stutter.I think is something with the loading of the assets.The problem start slowly and gets worse over time.All games are on SSD.OC is freshly install. GPU is been check 2 times in a oficial servis and its ok. CPU gives normal benchmarks.I want to know what can cause such a problem. Thank you.

Gigabyte B460 HD3 Motherboard
i5-10400f
Asus Tuf RX5600XT
T-FORCE DELTA RGB 2x8 ram 3200mzh Cl 16.
512 intel NVME for OC
1TB SSD Samsung Evo for games
Kolink 600w 80+bronze PSU
Windows 10 Pro

Please can somebody answer my question so i can know if should buy a PSU or not.
as has already been stated multiple times now, yes.

the Kolink 600w 80+ bronze is not a reliable or trustworthy power supply for even a decent gaming system.
even if it had nothing to do with any of your current problems it is a possible problem in it's own right.
this KL series is designed for cheap lower end basic home or office systems, not for gaming systems that get stressed often.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Thank you for your reply John.I will bye soon a PSU and i will try to see if its gonna work.Its just don't seem to me how can be from that but i will trust you.As for the settings,i try all and its not from that.Thanks.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Is this particular PSU good enave:
RM Series™ RM850 — 850 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU
I am asking because in the recommendation article that some of you post its been someting about "( multi/single-rail switchable ) " or "( multi-rail ) and more.
I just don't want to make some mistake.Thanks.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
I just check the PSU and its not from that.The same problem.Its good that i can return it(but i scratch it a bit and i dont know if i will got my money back).
Since it's not from that some other suggestion.
Btw i just play world war z and in very heavy load it crash.And as like other games while i move GPU usage goes down,CPU usage goes up.While i stand still its ok. Please tell my from what it could be.Thanks

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
I have occasional stuttering too on my high-end system.
Fortnite is the most problematic with massive fps drops.

System specs:
Intel i9 10850K 5 GHz
MSI Z490-A PRO
32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16
Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming - OC Edition (8 GB)
Asus ROG Strix 750W
Acer 23.6" KG241QS, 165Hz (OC) Full HD

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Because i dont have money to spent just like that.And i will save the money for someting else(some other PC parts for example).
Its not the PSU so i will return it.Tell me some other suggestion for my problem and for that that i wright about World War Z.Thanks.
I try almost every driver since 2020 december till now...and i try new driver now and its not from that.I use ultimate power plan(i enable this with command) but it's not from that.
Btw can a motherboard macke that problem.Thanks

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
I have occasional stuttering too on my high-end system.
Fortnite is the most problematic with massive fps drops.

System specs:
Intel i9 10850K 5 GHz
MSI Z490-A PRO
32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16
Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming - OC Edition (8 GB)
Asus ROG Strix 750W
Acer 23.6" KG241QS, 165Hz (OC) Full HD
No ofence but this is not a high end system.
A high end system is whit GPU like 3070 ,3080,3090
Post some video of the problem so people can see more precise for what are writing.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
No ofence but this is not a high end system.
A high end system is whit GPU like 3070 ,3080,3090
Post some video of the problem so people can see more precise for what are writing.

It's not a low or mid system either lmao.
And GPU is not the only component that matters so to speak.
To be honest, 3060 Ti is very capable.

Fortnite has random fps drops, which seem to be very "popular" among players, so there is probably nothing I can do about it.

Because i dont have money to spent just like that.And i will save the money for someting else(some other PC parts for example).
Its not the PSU so i will return it.Tell me some other suggestion for my problem and for that that i wright about World War Z.Thanks.
I try almost every driver since 2020 december till now...and i try new driver now and its not from that.I use ultimate power plan(i enable this with command) but it's not from that.
Btw can a motherboard macke that problem.Thanks
Keep the PSU and think of it as insurance. This way when you figure out what's wrong with your PC the cheap/dangerous Kolink doesn't die taking your PC out with it.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
It's not a low or mid system either lmao.
And GPU is not the only component that matters so to speak.
To be honest, 3060 Ti is very capable.

Fortnite has random fps drops, which seem to be very "popular" among players, so there is probably nothing I can do about it.
I mean that this GPU is for 1080p on max.You can play on 2K but the card is for 1080p.
Since that it's not high end on my opinion.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Your CPU isn't boosting properly. What are temps while gaming?

Your RAM isn't operating at the correct speed. Is is installed on slots a2-b2? Is XMP enabled in BIOS?

Are you on latest BIOS?
My temps on the CPU are around 55c while gaming.
RAM is on 2 slots whith XMP enable.Runs on 2666 mhz(the CPU recognize only that)
My BIOS is the latest.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
I mean that this GPU is for 1080p on max.You can play on 2K but the card is for 1080p.
Since that it's not high end on my opinion.

I get your point, but for me this GPU is more than fine.
For me it would've been waste of money to get 3070/3080/3090.

But if you look at the RAM/CPU combo I wouldn't say this is even near low-mid, as I said it's not only about the GPU and unnecessary frames.

I don't even bother thinking about over 1080p resolution, that's what I will be using for a long time and my monitor doesn't even support higher resolution which is what I wanted, nothing more.

I never said my GPU would be a perfect pick for 2K or 4K gaming though... but that's not on my list and I rate PCs by desktop speed and 1080p gaming performance.

Although, there's the NVIDIA DLSS option, which can improve those 'lost frames' on higher resolutions.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
I get your point, but for me this GPU is more than fine.
For me it would've been waste of money to get 3070/3080/3090.

But if you look at the RAM/CPU combo I wouldn't say this is even near low-mid, as I said it's not only about the GPU and unnecessary frames.

I don't even bother thinking about over 1080p resolution, that's what I will be using for a long time and my monitor doesn't even support higher resolution which is what I wanted, nothing more.

I never said my GPU would be a perfect pick for 2K or 4K gaming though... but that's not on my list and I rate PCs by desktop speed and 1080p gaming performance.

Although, there's the NVIDIA DLSS option, which can improve those 'lost frames' on higher resolutions.
What i mean is that 1080p i low,2K medium,4K high end.
And you have pc for 1080p which for me is low end and that's why i sad thah:)
I hope you fix your problem because for me ad that point seems imposible.