Question Stuttering While Browser is Open

FrostbiteReaper

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
I get stuttering in high end games while any browser is open. When I close said browser my frames stabilize and gameplay is smooth.

I'm running an i9-9900k, RTX 2080ti, 64GBs of RAM and a 1600 Watt PSU.

I'm using Windows 10 on an SSD. This problem's been happening for months and it's been driving me insane. I'm hoping someone could help me here.

Also playing at 240hz but it even happens at 60hz.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Been doing some testing. Some games still don't give me a stable frame rate, but I don't notice any stuttering. I'm hoping that the problem doesn't resurface.
You're going to have a hard time with that simply because of the 2080Ti @ 1080p; running into cpu limitations before the gpu can be fully utilized.
Check the usage of EACH CORE in game. If you have 1 or 2 cores constantly pegged at 100% - aka, the primary cores - that's the cpu's limit, even if all 16 threads aren't being used.

FrostbiteReaper

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
You're going to have a hard time with that simply because of the 2080Ti @ 1080p; running into cpu limitations before the gpu can be fully utilized.
Check the usage of EACH CORE in game. If you have 1 or 2 cores constantly pegged at 100% - aka, the primary cores - that's the cpu's limit, even if all 16 threads aren't being used.
None of my cores hit 100% when gaming.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The games in question? It also depends on how the game engine utilizes the resources available to it.
Something like PUBG Watch Dogs 2 or Arma 3 are poor examples because they were coded by lazy ass programmers; your high end rig wouldn't run much better than some one's mid range setup.
Rise of the Tomb Raider?
GTA V?
Overwatch?
Metro?
BF V?
Crysis 3? XD