Question stutters when loading in enemies, showing rtss onscreen etc . also overheating cpu and gpu after driver booster 9.3?

Sep 2, 2022
cpu: ryzen 3600x
gpu: 2060super
motherboard: 450b a pro max
os(win 10 home) is on a partition ssd, kingston a400

so at one point i started to get weird stutters i havent had before like when i show my stats with rtss it started to have a lagg before stuff appears but only at the first time i trigger it, didnt have that problem before. idk when that started to happen but i guess one could be the fact that i even started using afterburner. i made a mistake trying to max out performance i guess, i pushed it abit too far and at one point my game crashed which was ac valhalla at that time and my card started to have coil whining but yea. could be somethign else too idk .

also in games like trek to yomi my stuff stutters alot when new enemies appear or something gets loaded in. borderlands 3 is a good example for that too bc that game got alot of stuff going on although ik its a common problem that stuff stutters in games like i mentioned but my stutter seems abit weirder than just the normal thing?

the other thing is that my cpu and gpu seems to have started to overheat. again idk what exactly could be the culprit since it could just be the fact that my stuff getting abit old even tho its like just 2 years old at this point. but i started to notice weird temps after i used driver booster 9.3(iknow not the best idea ik the driver could be shady but i was kinda desperate bc of my stutter issues) . in installed abunch of drivers ( not all just some selected few that i thought could be a problem) i still got some screen of those if anyone cares but yea.. . when i first started out with my pc i remember playing apex and my temps never rly went over 72 degrees for cpu and my gpu temps were dev lower too. as of recently my cpu temps started to reach upto 96 degrees.
yea i switched thermal paste alot yes i changed fan speeds and played around everything that i could think of. iknow its normal for the ryzen 5 3600x to snap upto 10c° all the time butfrom what i see mine might just snap twice in a row and that shoots the temps up. it also ties together with my gpu stutter issue bc the second snap usually comes form things like trying to show rtss onscreen or some ingame enemies loading in.

i been reinstalling drivers for my gpu cpu etc, i been using ddu for my gpu driver. i used tron script quite a few times with like 4 results but nothing major changed and i also used 2,3 other virus scanners but nothing major agian. i clean reinstalled my os on the partition that it was on and wiped all data from the partition. and at first as i checked the temps after the clean whipe it seemed fine but as i reinstalled my usuall stuff like afterburner and games and adjusting my system in general and it started to have weird temps again but i might just imagine things bc it might be just normal.. or i might need to clean whipe all drives that i have in order to make everything clean clean ? idk could be worth a try i guess.
and i been trying to change bios voltage of my cpu and it kinds didnt help either. also removed my cpu from the socket once which reset my bios to get that out of the way too. didnt install the latest bios driver tho.. could be worht a try but i doubt that will fix anyhting. i also run short tests with this occt test program and i had no error with anyhting but i guess imma do it for over 30min for once to rly see if something is wrong. also used whysoslow and latemon and i had some small issues with dxdia n stuff but after the clean install everything got better.

atm i just bought a new cooler to fix the heat issue, the h7 quad lumi and the temps are much bette now ofc but still kinda high in apex ,it could still reach 74 although its usually around 57-70 now.

i just never had any of those problems when i first started out with my pc which i build on my own and its just rly rly frustrating sometimes when i try to fix it as hard as possible but i just cant no matter how much effor i put into it.

i guess i have to post some reports from occt and latemon etc or whatever for yall to rly get into this <Mod Edit> am i right. anyone willing to help?

[mod edit: language]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
but i started to notice weird temps after i used driver booster 9.3(iknow not the best idea ik the driver could be shady but i was kinda desperate bc of my stutter issues)

driver booster can make things worse. its only advantage is it creates a restore point before installing drivers so you could roll back to how PC was before running it. So you could try that.

1. type "restore" then open "create a restore point"
  2. create a new Restore Point now for C-drive
  3. then open the newest restore point that is prior to the problem happening (if you have one)
or have you clean installed since using it?

updated bios on motherboard?
do you have newest chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

run this on ssd and check its health - https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

Ryzen CPU always changing temps. So much I ignore the sensor that shows the increase and just track average temps. More sane

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022
driver booster can make things worse. its only advantage is it creates a restore point before installing drivers so you could roll back to how PC was before running it. So you could try that.

3. then open the newest restore point that is prior to the problem happening (if you have one)

do you have newest chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

run this on ssd and check its health - https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

Ryzen CPU always changing temps. So much I ignore the sensor that shows the increase and just track average temps. More sane

oof yea

oof ok yea the ssd test was all alright, and i do have the latest cpu driver i rly been doing all sorts of things in order to fix the issue. and i reset my os after the driver booster 9.3 stuff so all driver should ve been reset. unless i somehow installed some rly vicious sneakyass virus bc of some fake driver and it kinda got deep into my system somehow. it rly is either something rly silly and stupid that might fix my stuff it or its the most complicated <Mod Edit> ive ever experienced idk .. should i just run some occt and latmon test or some other tests and post the reports or something. i feel like i need some super expert to fix my issue. or like.. man i wish i had several cpu's and gpu's and other parts of a pc to try to detect the issue that way. at the end i might just buy a new ssd to put my os on i rly might just have some weird deep virus or my hardware parts are somehow broken in some weird way. sigh

and yea i did start to notbe irritated by my max temps anymore bc i know snapps are normal but my snapps are just weird and tie together with the graphic issues. those stutter i get ingame probably also tie toghether with other stutters i get in chrome or other programms too although my pc is good enough to do anything fast its obvious that when my pc was new things were running better

Colif

Win 11 Master
resets don't always remove all the drivers, i have seen them survive resets. Clean installs remove drivers

You might find you need to do a clean install to remove drivers fully. No rush, just when you have copies of everything you want to keep on the drive.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

if you still have issues after the clean install, we look at it.

bios update could help with stutters - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-A-PRO-MAX/support

as of recently my cpu temps started to reach upto 96 degrees.
thats a little toasty.
if it only started after running driver booster, I would expect it was cause.

idles 57-70? Thats a little hot.
Even in summer I only see 44-54c (I have a 3600xt)

I wonder what driver booster installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PEnns
Sep 2, 2022
ah.. nono, damn wording... i did clean install my os like i said in my first post but only the partition part that it was on so driver shouldve been reset, so i might need to clean wipe my whole ssd to be rly sure.. or just clean whipe all of my storage mediums to be rly rly sure but its a hustle that i dont wanna deal with atm. installing the newest bios is one of the few things that i havent done yet but.. kinda weird to think that that is the culprit unless the newest gpu drivers or whatever driver dont go hand in hand with the bios but yea imma try it again. last time i tried it didnt work bc i got a blackscreen from wanting to do the instant flash thingy so i got scared bc i know it could mess everything up lol but yea imma try to do it somehow i guess

Colif

Win 11 Master
no, shouldn't need to wipe all other partitions.

Its been a while since I done a reinstall like that, just deleting C drive. I can remember trying that on my last PC and it not working because windows 10 wanted me to use GPT and my drives were MBR. Most times I just wipe the drive.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

I see if I can find anything obvious.

Colif

Win 11 Master
drives look okay, would only get 500mb back deleting one duplicate partition

What old drivers? the dates could be the dates drivers created by maker, not when they installed as such

driver packs can include old drivers. Nvidia often do.
Only old one there I see is razer and it could be they haven't released a newer driver

try updating bios. Have you tried resetting it to defauts? could be a driver that DB loaded changed BIOS settings.

Sep 2, 2022
i meann c storage seems fine to me idk why i would need more since i keep everything clean and i install everything i can on the other partition.

and yea the old drives must be by maker bc one is from 2016 and i got my pc in 2020 lol. unless thats the sneaky virus or whatever from the driver 9.3. i do have some pictures from the drives i installed through that program and both amd gpio and amdpci and realtek and razer are among them but... i guess i doubt they would survive a clean install unless they somehow rooted even deeper idk..

but yea i will try to update bios i guess but are there other options on what to do next

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can run latencymon and see what it shows.
upload a screenshot of its results.
I had a stutter on my X570 board that the latest BIOS fixed. Its why I suggested it.
Other causes of latency can be Nvidia drivers, LAN drivers and Sound drivers. I replaced all 3 trying to fix my problem.

Sep 2, 2022
yea they mustve been there since my clean os install.

what type of stutters did u have before u fixed it with the bios update? similar to mine?

Colif

Win 11 Master
once a week I would get a weird noise and notice my CPU temps and clock speed would spike to max speed. It rarely happened more than once a week. I did hear it twice in 3 days. It wasn't that bad that I immediately jumped to conclusion it was BIOS, I updated everything else over a number of months. I was also waiting for a May update.

Some of your chipset drivers seem older than the ones in current pack - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450
if i compared your driver versions against the list here, some are different - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-4-08-09-2337

Colif

Win 11 Master
try this
right click desktop
choose Nvidia control panel
Choose Manage 3d settings menu
Scroll right menu choices down to Power Management mode, Set this to Prefer maximum performance
apply and close

run latencymon again and see if made any difference

Colif

Win 11 Master
wonder if a full clean install would fix it, it would fix the partition structure of drive and also make windows get new drivers. I am not sure it did the way you installed.
shame can't run 3600 without the GPU, just to see if that fixed stutter.

what makes are the hard drives?
and yea the old drives must be by maker bc one is from 2016 and i got my pc in 2020 lol.
if you don't know, run crystaldiskinfo (blue icons) and show a screenshot
its possible stutter caused by the drives loading files?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master