[SOLVED] Substitute for SMD part uP1959PDN8

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
These guys seem to have:

http://www.americaii.com/en/home/Parts-Search-Results?searchtext=UP1959PDN8

Whether you can get just one? You can certainly ask them.

Have you checked whether this GPU is still under warranty?

Hi,

Thanks for reply, The card is not in warranty and certainly not after i de-soldered the mosfet. I have already contacted them, i asked them that i will buy 10x, but i think they only provide to manufacturers,. I also contacted some other whole sellers but no reply,. <<Inappropriate language removed by moderator>> msi used parts no where to be found.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Contact the manufacturer, uPI, and tell them you want engineering samples.

Hi.

Already did. but no answer so far., I dont know why is this XXXX part so short or unique that no one has it to sell. i contacted 20x Chinese parts suppliers and no one has it. and even they don't know what this is. There are only 2 people on google looking or looked for this part, Me and a guy from Russia maybe. i don't know if he solved his problem but his post is old..,

<2ND MODERATOR EDIT FOR PROFANITY>

Tom's is a family-friendly website. Profanity is STRICTLY forbidden!.
Watch your language!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, well then if you can’t get anywhere with the manufacturer you might be out of luck. If it were a mosfet, I’d say it was more likely you could find a substitute. But, it’s the mosfet driver and it could be a custom part made for MSI. You could buy damaged cards on ebay and cannibalize them for the driver chip, but of course no guarantee that the chip is any good and whether it’s worth the cost and effort. What’s the Minimum Order Quantity at americaii?

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Ah, well then if you can’t get anywhere with the manufacturer you might be out of luck. If it were a mosfet, I’d say it was more likely you could find a substitute. But, it’s the mosfet driver and it could be a custom part made for MSI. You could buy damaged cards on ebay and cannibalize them for the driver chip, but of course no guarantee that the chip is any good and whether it’s worth the cost and effort. What’s the Minimum Order Quantity at americaii?

Hi.

Yes there were also a mosfet burnt which was driven by the driver, i have already ordered and soldered the mosfet, now only waiting for the driver as the card works but as the missing the driver so mosfet is not working and if i run the card at standard clocks i am getting artifacts and if i lower the clocks via msi after burner then i get no artifacts and can run any game,

Yes i was thinking on buying defective card with the same drivers on it, but on Ebay.. Pfff. the damaged card cost almost the same as working.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi,

Thanks for reply, The card is not in warranty and certainly not after i de-soldered the mosfet. I have already contacted them, i asked them that i will buy 10x, but i think they only provide to manufacturers,. I also contacted some other whole sellers but no reply,. <<Inappropriate language removed by moderator>> msi used parts no where to be found.
Watch the "f-bombs" please. Thank you.