[SOLVED] Subwoofer not working in 2.1 setup after swapping motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2021
Hello,
it's my first time here, so go easy on me as I'm not very tech'ish.

So after swapping my old Asus h110 m-k mb to Gigabyte H410m I noticed that my Subwoofer isn't working. Well, it is working, but not as intended as before (the bass is hardly noticeable).
With new MB came Realtek Audio Console (which I hadn't before).
I've read couple threads before I decided to post and this is what I did so far:

• in Realtek Audio Console I set Stereo with full range speakers
  • I have 2.1 set up, where my main 2 speakers are connected with green 3.5 jack (rear slot)
  • subwoofer can't be modified (if u know what I mean, sorry kinda lacking words atm)
  • I have not changed any settings whatsoever, just swapped MBs and it just stopped working.
  • I have 2.1 Logitech Z313
  • In Realtek Audio Console I always used Strong setting in Equalizer
All drivers up to date.

The very first thing I noticed after swapping MB is when I played cyberpunk 2077. Before, when I threw a grenade, I had this good bass sound during explosion, but now, it's just bad as if there was no subwoofer sound.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that I should have bought Asrock mb board instead of gigabyte? :(

Cheers and thank you for reading

Last edited:
Solution
I expect that the speaker system has just ONE cable from it to plug into the computer's audio output jack, right? And you have that plugged into the rear panel light green jack.

That system acutally is not a 2.1 system. To me, at least, 2.1 means you have left and right stereo front speakers plus a subwoofer that is fed SEPARATELY from a sub-woofer jack in the sound source. In such a system (not commonly found), the sound soucre does NOT send bass tones out of the front stereo channel jack - they are separated out and sent out only to the subwoofer jack.

I would call what you have a set of full-range speakers. In that system, the bass sounds ARE included in the front stereo output signals. Inside the SPEAKER system the bass tones from...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I expect that the speaker system has just ONE cable from it to plug into the computer's audio output jack, right? And you have that plugged into the rear panel light green jack.

That system acutally is not a 2.1 system. To me, at least, 2.1 means you have left and right stereo front speakers plus a subwoofer that is fed SEPARATELY from a sub-woofer jack in the sound source. In such a system (not commonly found), the sound soucre does NOT send bass tones out of the front stereo channel jack - they are separated out and sent out only to the subwoofer jack.

I would call what you have a set of full-range speakers. In that system, the bass sounds ARE included in the front stereo output signals. Inside the SPEAKER system the bass tones from both channels are separated out, then combined to feed to the subwoofer. The left and right front speakers do not get those bass tones.

You say you have the Realtek system set to use full-range stereo speakers, and that would be correct for your system. Yet somehow the bass tones seem not to be arriving at the speaker set. Re-check the Realtek settings. If possible, try a few others that are intended for simple 2-channel front stereo only, and see if you can get bass tones out. Also look around just in case some equalizer or balance settings are odd.

Another item to check for. In the Realtek system there may be a screen where you tell it what things are plugged into which jack. If so, ensure that it is configured for simple 2-channel stereo, AND that the light green jacks are the ONLY jacks in use for your stereo speakers. There should NOT be any use of any other output jack for a subwoofer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.