Succubus Jack

If I control Smiling Jack, during my untap phase I move a
counter from my pool to the card, and then give the card
to another Methuselah with the Succubus Club, will I need
to burn a blood/pool for each counter the card has during
the same untap phase?

--
Bye,

Daneel

"Daneel" <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote in message
> If I control Smiling Jack, during my untap phase I move a
> counter from my pool to the card, and then give the card
> to another Methuselah with the Succubus Club, will I need
> to burn a blood/pool for each counter the card has during
> the same untap phase?

Yes.

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

And then you get pimp-slapped for playing a card that is no longer
tournament-legal.

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago

volya42@yahoo.com a écrit :
> And then you get pimp-slapped for playing a card that is no longer
> tournament-legal.

he can still play it in a non-tournament envirnoment i guess. Depend on
how his playgroup handle things.

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> "Daneel" <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote in message
>> If I control Smiling Jack, during my untap phase I move a
>> counter from my pool to the card, and then give the card
>> to another Methuselah with the Succubus Club, will I need
>> to burn a blood/pool for each counter the card has during
>> the same untap phase?
>

> Yes.

Would it be legal to declare that you have paid that penalty before you send
the card off to another player? You *do* have the option of ordering your
phase as you see fit. There seems to be nothing from stopping a player
from declaring the Jack penalty even if it does not currently effect them.

Raille

Raille wrote:
> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
>>"Daneel" <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote in message
>>>If I control Smiling Jack, during my untap phase I move a
>>> counter from my pool to the card, and then give the card
>>> to another Methuselah with the Succubus Club, will I need
>>> to burn a blood/pool for each counter the card has during
>>> the same untap phase?
>>
>>Yes.
>
> Would it be legal to declare that you have paid that penalty before you send
> the card off to another player? You *do* have the option of ordering your
> phase as you see fit. There seems to be nothing from stopping a player
> from declaring the Jack penalty even if it does not currently effect them.

Card text. Only "other" Methuselahs pay the penalty in question.

You can move Smiling Jack before you pay your one pool "you" penalty,
but you'll still have to pay the X pool/blood "others" penalty when
you are among the "others".

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

pat

Expert

> Raille wrote:
>>>
>>>Yes.
>>
>> Would it be legal to declare that you have paid that penalty before you
>> send the card off to another player? You *do* have the option of
>> ordering your phase as you see fit. There seems to be nothing from
>> stopping a player from declaring the Jack penalty even if it does not
>> currently effect them.
>
> Card text. Only "other" Methuselahs pay the penalty in question.
>
> You can move Smiling Jack before you pay your one pool "you" penalty,
> but you'll still have to pay the X pool/blood "others" penalty when
> you are among the "others".
>
> --

Another way to look at it is that you can't finish your untap (or any other
phase) without handling all the things that are pending in that phase.

You handle the "you" penalty by transferring SJ, so no need to move the one
pool to Jack. But that queues up another untap phase thing that you have to
handle before you can move to your master phase.

I'm not saying anything different about the specific Succubus Jack
situation, of course, but Josh Duffin explained something similar this way
to me once, and I've found it's a good general rule for all sorts of things.

Josh is useful that way. ;)

- Pat

"Pat" <patrick.lusk.nospam@comcast.nyetspam.net> wrote in message
> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
>> Raille wrote:

>>> Would it be legal to declare that you have paid that penalty before you
>>> send the card off to another player? You *do* have the option of
>>> ordering your phase as you see fit. There seems to be nothing from
>>> stopping a player from declaring the Jack penalty even if it does not
>>> currently effect them.
>>
>> Card text. Only "other" Methuselahs pay the penalty in question.
>>
>> You can move Smiling Jack before you pay your one pool "you" penalty,
>> but you'll still have to pay the X pool/blood "others" penalty when
>> you are among the "others".
>>
>> --
>
> Another way to look at it is that you can't finish your untap (or any
> other
> phase) without handling all the things that are pending in that phase.
>
> You handle the "you" penalty by transferring SJ, so no need to move the
> one
> pool to Jack. But that queues up another untap phase thing that you have
> handle before you can move to your master phase.
>
> I'm not saying anything different about the specific Succubus Jack
> situation, of course, but Josh Duffin explained something similar this way
> to me once, and I've found it's a good general rule for all sorts of
> things.
>
> Josh is useful that way. ;)
>
> - Pat

Looks clear enough for me. I didn't take the time to pull up the specific
card text.

Raille