Prominent
Jun 19, 2019
Specs:
Gigabyte A320M-S2H
Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8gb 3000mhz
Rx 580 asus strix gaming oc
Ryzen 5 2600
Rmx 550.

My gpu temps increased about 7 degrees. The max temperature it used to go to was 75, now it goes as high as 81 or 82. It has been awhile since i checked my temps, but this is between a timespan of about 3 months at most. My computer is only 6 or 7 months old. I have tried reinstalling the drivers using a ddu, but this also didn't help. i ran malwarebytes but no virus was found. The gpu was bought used and i built the system myself.

Im now thinking about resetting windows, because i have no clue whats going on. My fans fluctuate between 52% and 53 at temps, and i also only have 1 intake fan. I know that the temp itself isnt so bad considering i can up the gpu fan speed and add extra fans, but that still doesnt explain the sudden increase. Im worried my gpu may be broken. Anyone got an idea?

Edit: i have changed the thermal paste 4 or 5 months ago.

Last edited:

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
Have a look inside your PC and check for dust build up on the GPU fan.
You can blow hard down its exhaust airways and around the fan to clear dust.

This might be causing the problem.

Also check your case fans are working to ensure good airflow.

Andy

NeedPeeling

Prominent
Jun 19, 2019
The gpu fans do work, although the middle one seems to run a little bit slower, and also stops 1-2 sec faster dont know if this is normal. Il clean it out hopefully this week. Any other ideas?

Also how fast does this happen because this is between 4-8 weeks, can dust build up that fast?

Edit: case fans work. (Only got one running anyway because only 2 ports on the motherboard, gonna get fan splitters.)

Last edited: