[SOLVED] Sudden horrible PC and Monitor crashes

Jan 25, 2020
Hello! I bought new parts and I've had no problems with them until one day I just started crashing. I tried changing displayport ports, updating all drivers, chipsets, even reinstalling windows completely and I'm still crashing. Out of no nowhere my monitor would turn off and say "no cable connected", the lights inside my case would stop glowing, the fans would go in turbo mode and my sound would either fully cut out or it will be the only thing working. When this happens I can only force turn off. Sometimes my PC refuses to start up afterwards, making me turn the power cable off and on for it to work. I tried running on 100hz but I was still crashing so I turned it all the way down to 60hz and limited my fps in game. Friends suggest that my PSU is the problem but I want to consult myself with more first, that's why I'm posting here.

I was able to run Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V and Rainbow Six Siege on high/max graphics 60hz no problem with stable fps, once turned to 60hz+ I would just crash.

Edit: I have tested a bit more and it still happens while on 60hz. This time it was an even worse crash - my PC restarted but never turned on, my monitor was completely black and lights inside case would be off with fans going really fast. I couldn't turn my PC on afterwards, I had to leave it for a while to be able to turn it back on again.

My PC parts are:
Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 2070 SUPER
16GB RAM
ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS
800W Gold Cobra Power PSU (Was told this is a bad one)
My Monitor is a Benq XL2411P

Last edited: