Dec 21, 2023
Hello everyone
First I would like to clarify that English is not my native language, so there will be grammar errors as I will be combining what I know with Google Translate. I hope you understand.

my build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Memory: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix 2666mhz
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus elite REV 1.0
GPU: Asus RX 6700 XT
PSU: EVGA 600w

The problem:

It started a month ago, the computer loses power randomly and it restarts after 5 seconds, sometimes 15 or 30sec, at the beginning it was one time a day. I didn't notice at first, it happened when i wasnt home.
But now the frequency has increased a lot, reaching the point where it turns off, turns on again, works for a minute and turns off again. Everything completely random, it has occurred to me that it simply works for 7 hours straight, or turns off every 3 hours. There is no rule.
I tried to clean the motherboard but it didnt solve the problem. I'm looking for a solution to fix it, even if it involves buying capacitors. Where I live, a motherboard costs half the minimum wage.

In resume:

When the problem does appear there are 2 scenarios:

1. Sudden power loss with everything remaining completely dead... no restarting, no nothing. It's like pulling your power cable out and leaving it like that.
  2. Sudden power loss and after 10-15 seconds the computer starts on its own again. (the power button doesn't work in that time)

a46236eaaf365ec78d117297bb9cc4929bec129bfb4865386264f4e821edde9d.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Might want to try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with at least 750W of power at the entire system's disposal from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists.

Reactions: BR-vivace75
Dec 21, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Might want to try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with at least 750W of power at the entire system's disposal from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists.
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to respond. My psu is 4 years old. I tested with a 750w PSU that I bought just to test, the problem persisted so i returned, it's also worth mentioning that I tried with other RAM, GPU (an R7 360) and I even changed the battery on the motherboard. I also tried boot with no hd or ssd, and even in the BIOS the problem persists.