sauravnsu

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2012
My pc suddenly restarted with a blue screen with the following error while idling

Event ID : 1001 , source: bug check

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000b8 (0xffffe786b4297300, 0xfffff8041af27a00, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: a201cf05-7e99-444e-bd56-4878c0a62425.

memory.dmp dump file is attached

System:

operating system : Windows 10

CPU: intel i5 8400

ram: geil 16 gb 2400 (8*2) 2400 mhz

GPU : zotac gtx 1060 6gb oc

Psu: bitfinix whisper M 750 watt

Monitor: Dell 21.5 inch ips FHD monitor

Sound Box: creative 2:1

note: I manually over clock my GPU but was not playing any game or doing anything

memory.dmp dump file is attached:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ACat7kB-GIsUP7fh8DVTxVrkigkFFiZ/view?usp=sharing

mini dmp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZfWDj7U14utdTphqnk6i8_7JcqCQXBTS/view?usp=sharing

NEED HELP PLEASE, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Last edited:
Solution
ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

thats an odd error. My first reaction to odd errors is check ram

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I have asked a friend to convert dumps

Colif

Win 11 Master

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Reactions: sauravnsu
Solution

sauravnsu

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2012

did memory test and it came out clean

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, please upload the minidump files from C:\Windows\minidump. If you get permission errors when trying to upload, you may need to copy them to another folder first.

Unfortunately the full dump is about a gig in size, which would take me an hour to download. Minidumps I can download in about 30 seconds and contain the same info (for me).

sauravnsu

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2012
Hi, please upload the minidump files from C:\Windows\minidump. If you get permission errors when trying to upload, you may need to copy them to another folder first.

Unfortunately the full dump is about a gig in size, which would take me an hour to download. Minidumps I can download in about 30 seconds and contain the same info (for me).

done

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/njhozk76/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:121221-5921-01.dmp (Dec 11 2021 - 20:56:41)
Bugcheck:BugCheck 100000B8, {ffffe786b4297300, fffff8041af27a00, 0, 0} (100000B8)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswNetHub.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: EpicGamesLaunc)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/b360 Pro4/index.asp
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Real ALL instructions before updating as some updates may not be for you. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

Avast was the driver listed in this crash dump. I would temporarily remove Avast completely. They may have a utility on their website to fully remove it (even after a regular uninstall). If you continue crashing after removing Avast, upload more minidumps.

sauravnsu

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2012
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/njhozk76/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:121221-5921-01.dmp (Dec 11 2021 - 20:56:41)
Bugcheck:BugCheck 100000B8, {ffffe786b4297300, fffff8041af27a00, 0, 0} (100000B8)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswNetHub.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: EpicGamesLaunc)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/b360 Pro4/index.asp
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Real ALL instructions before updating as some updates may not be for you. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

Avast was the driver listed in this crash dump. I would temporarily remove Avast completely. They may have a utility on their website to fully remove it (even after a regular uninstall). If you continue crashing after removing Avast, upload more minidumps.

updating to the latest bios version makes my CPU clock runs lower under full load when it touches 52c which is weird, so I will not update the bios as it buggish, what is the issue here?is it epic game? memtest86 passes 8 without showing any error, so I do not think memory is faulty

Epic games was not running at that time

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
EpicGamesLauncher is just what was running when you crashed. Generally, regular programs won't cause a BSOD. Drivers do. Bad hardware does. Bad BIOS does. Overclocks can do it. But not regular programs.

Programs with drivers (SYS) files can. Avast has it's own drivers. It was listed as being at fault in the crash,l which is why I said to temporarily remove it to see if it helps.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswNetHub.sys

That's an Avast driver.