Question Sudden shutdown during a game.

H4xooR

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2015
Greetings! So i got my PC for almost 2 years now,had no issues luckily,some BSoD here and there,but nothing i cannot solve. Now this problem i never faced before.
Few days ago i played Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - which i know is terrible unoptimized - but i went with it,because i enjoyed the gameplay and story. Not too long ago,with this exact same setup,i played through the RE4 Remake, and The Last of Us as well, on PC,which i believe it had more right to be demanding on the hardwer,because how it insanely looks good.

So,i was playing Jedi Survivor when suddenly,my PC shut down,like when i force shutdown. My first though was electrical fluke? No,nothing else losed power in the house,and my monitors turned back on right away. I wasn't able to turn on the PC for like 5 minutes, i assume it was a safety mechanism. I was like, okay it is maybe a temp issue. In few minutes,i saw the leds light up again on the motherboard,i turned it on,no errors,no BIOS prompt,perfectly fine windows boot. I was like,okay lets lower the game settings,i lowered everything to medium/low just for the sake of this issue. I checked the TEMPS. GPU never went above 72 celsius,CPU doesn't even reached 65. GPU Hotspot was below 80 at all times. Seemingly had no problem,preformance was slightly better even. And suddenly during a cutscene,its shut down again.
I waited for the leds to light up, and they did,for a brief 1-2 second,but i heard a buzzinh/circuit like sound,then the leds went out. After 2-3 minutes,the leds light up again on the motherboard,giving the exact same sound,but then it stopped and the leds remain on. I turned on the PC,same as before,no error,no anything,everything runs fine.

So now i'm contemplating if it is either a PSU issue,unfortunately, i don't have a spare to try it out. Or one of the PSU cable got loose,have to check them after work. Or it's GPU related, because before the shutdown,i was looking at the stats in hwinfo 64 and i see the total GPU power % of TPD were spiking below 100% if i remember correctly,it was 113% max. Unfortunately the info does not get saved so after the shutdown,it was gone. Also, it worth to mention this only happened with this particular game so far, but now i'm afraid to paly even Apex Legends, i don't want to damage any of my components,or risk their condition until i can figure out or narrow down the issue. But what mostly annoy me is, the buzzing sound what i heard when the power went back into the case,when the motheboard led lit up.

Here is my setup:

MOBO - ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
:harley:
CPU - INTEL Core i7-10700K @ 4.7GHz / ARCTIC COOLING Liquid Freezer II 240
RAM - PATRIOT Viper Steel 16384MB DDR4 @ 3600MHz
GPU - ASUS TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING
PSU - EVGA G3 750W
MONITORS - Primary: LG 27GL850-B 27" @ 144hz 1440p | Secondary: BenQ 21" @ 60hz 1080p
Case - COOLERMASTER MasterCase H500P Mesh Gunmetal Edition

I have 3x 12" fans blowing out of the case, 2x 12" outside vacuuming in,and the AIO radiator at the top,with 2x 12" vents. I beleive thats all the information what i can provide right now. Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
So now i'm contemplating if it is either a PSU issue,unfortunately, i don't have a spare to try it out. Or one of the PSU cable got loose,have to check them after work.
If you think that the PSU might be at fault, try and source a donor(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 850W PSU and then try to power up the build. If the issue crops again, then the problem isn't with your PSU.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

H4xooR

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2015
So now i'm contemplating if it is either a PSU issue,unfortunately, i don't have a spare to try it out. Or one of the PSU cable got loose,have to check them after work.
If you think that the PSU might be at fault, try and source a donor(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 850W PSU and then try to power up the build. If the issue crops again, then the problem isn't with your PSU.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Unfortunately,i have no access to spare parts to test it out. My BIOS version is 1208, as i see it's a bit dated. But i rather not updated it actively,if i had no issues what so ever,until now at least.