[SOLVED] Suddenly can't boot, can't restore either.

aetran

Prominent
Jul 14, 2020
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure what to do. I can't boot to windows anymore, and I can't even use a restore point or reinstall with the repair tool.
Last night I shut my PC down like usual, but while my my monitor shut off the rest of the computer, case fans, lights, etc, remained in for 15 or so minutes. Eventually I just shut it off manually because I was ready for bed, figuring I'd troubleshoot in the morning.
Now when I go to start it up, I'm immediately greeted with the repair tool. I've tried quite a lot so far to no success, but my last two resorts of using a restore point or completely resetting my installation won't work either.
When I go to use my restore point from a few days ago, it fails with an unspecified error 0x80070002.
When I go to reset my installation, it tells me that there are no administrator accounts available and stops me from doing it.
Does anyone have any advice on what to do in this situation?

aetran

Prominent
Jul 14, 2020
Would this require buying a new copy of windows 10? It's been like 7 years since I upgraded and I don't know if I still have the key.

Would this require buying a new copy of windows 10? It's been like 7 years since I upgraded and I don't know if I still have the key.
If you had activated windows 10 before, then you can reinstall windows 10 (on this pc) as many times as you want.
You don't even need windows key. Windows will activate automatically once you connect to internet.

You have to install same edition though (Home or Pro). Wrong one will not activate.