[SOLVED] Suddenly my monitor is blank in every start. i have to press 'reset' button to work .

Donal1552

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
my pc was running fine and normal. i didnt install any new driver, software etc and didnt open my pc case either. Everything was running normally but suddenly since three days when i start my pc with power button , it starts everything like fan, cpu, gpu and even monitor. But there is no display in monitor though its powerd On. But everything is running inside pc case like fan, gpu, cpu ,hardisk etc. The only solution for me is to press 'reset' switch while pc is running , thats the only way my monitor shows display and i can log into my windows and work normally. so everytime i start my pc after few secounds i have to press reset switch .

Solution
Can you search for control panel and open the app.
view by large icons
choose power options
click Choose what the power button does
what does it show under power button settings? what is it set to?
if its set to Fast startup, click the option Change settings that are currently unavailable and untick Turn on fast startup

It should be off by default in win 11 but I thought I ask.

What are specs of the PC?

Colif

Win 11 Master
view by large icons
choose power options
if its set to Fast startup, click the option Change settings that are currently unavailable and untick Turn on fast startup

Solution

Donal1552

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
view by large icons
choose power options

Hi, i found the culprit, it was my new ram. when i removed my new ram from the slot and tried powering my pc with the 2nd slot old ram it was back to normal. but i am shortage of ram , so i am forced to use the defective ram , though it runs normally the only problem is when computer is starting up. the only way to start my pc with new ram is to press reset button. i guess reset button do some reseting to new ram.

Donal1552

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
what are some details of the PC?
Did you check ram worked with PC before buying it?

Was fast startup on?
Sounds like it needs to retrain the BIOS to the ram every startup, that isn't ideal

one ram is 8 gb and other is 4 gb both DDR3 and same volt . But both are from different Brand. i was suspecting that there will be problem of Ram mismatch, But there was no issue and PC worked normally for two months. but suddenly the problem occured as i have mentioned above. and my 'Fast startup' is already disabled because my fans was running even after shut down. so what you mean by "retrain the bios to the ram every startup".