Question Suddenly won't boot

powerkiteman1

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
Hey everyone,

So I built the following computer about 9 months ago. Went together smoothly with no issues:

Ryzen 7 2600
GTX 1070TI
Seasonic gold + 650w
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
NZXT Kraken Water cooler (no leaks)
G.Skill Trident Z RGB

This morning I wake up and am unable to boot the computer. Press the power button and nothing. I first open it up check the connections... nothing. So I snag my spare PSU (Brand new) and hook it up. Same issue. Nothing lighting up or anything. I decided to test the PSU using the provided tester (the one that will turn the fan on) and realize that my 24 pin isn't working. I swap it out and now I can get both PSU's to cycle power. Great, one issue down.

At this point I replace the 24pin with the new one and try to boot again. This time I get my HUE+ to turn on once I turn on the PSU. When I press the power button the red CPU led flashes briefly, and the CPU fans for the water cooler turn on slightly. But no beeps or anything. However, the ram led's turn on. Okay odd.

At this point I've tested my CPU cable and all others. The PSU is working but I'm not sure about anything else. The computer won't even boot to any screen or anything. Just a red LED flash and that's that.

What else can I try?

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
There's a shop down the street. $29 for a full diagnostic... going to do that rather than play the guessing game since I don't have the proper tools/components to test everything.

Keep me updated!

Sorry I can't be of much help. I've only had my own PC for less than 6 months (CS student for a few more but not many) and learnt everything from new.

powerkiteman1

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
So PSU was dead, and so was the brand new supernova I had. I'm not the smartest and used the 24 pin from the seasonic with the supernova(spare) and maybe I fried the supernova? Possible. Not sure what would cause my PSU to die and then on top of that the spare dies unless using the cables from the seasonic caused it.

Anyway. I am ordering a new one today. Will RMA the other two and sell on their own.