Suggest a good monitor please.

pinkencryption

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

I do a lot of programming and work. I need a very clear, easy on eyes computer monitor. Most of the recommendations and reviews are for gaming monitors. My work is more towards programming, graphics and animations.

Please suggest me a good monitor. I would like it to be under 400 USD. Size can be 22, 24 or upto 27. I can even look for bigger if the display is exceptional. I am primarily trying for something that adjusts naturally to eyes and does not cause me lots of strain. Also the colors and display is good enough. It would be mostly used with mac / linux for now.

Also should I go for ultrawide display ? I bought a LG 21:9 ratio and somehow I feel the inflexibility of stand and sheer length is not suitable in my use case. Please give me suggestions on that too.

Should I go for 4K displays ? I am looking at certain samsung Quantum Dot display, would they be better ? CFG70 series.

Thank You

Solution
Usually, any monitor nowadays is fine for programming, even gaming (they're usually multipurpose).
I'd recommend this as it's one of the best of 2016: http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/apd/210-ahgf?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=210-AHGF
It can come in 24, 25, or 27 " and it's really sharp and clear.

As for the Ultrawide display, I think that would be too much on the eyes, I've never used Ultrawide display before so it's just a guess.

I think it would be pointless to program in 4k. You should get 4k only if you want to play or watch in 4k. Other than that, it would be pointless.

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Usually, any monitor nowadays is fine for programming, even gaming (they're usually multipurpose).
I'd recommend this as it's one of the best of 2016: http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/apd/210-ahgf?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=210-AHGF
It can come in 24, 25, or 27 " and it's really sharp and clear.

As for the Ultrawide display, I think that would be too much on the eyes, I've never used Ultrawide display before so it's just a guess.

I think it would be pointless to program in 4k. You should get 4k only if you want to play or watch in 4k. Other than that, it would be pointless.

Solution